Joe Jonas: "Nothing Wrong With Being Gay"
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 16 2011 1:45 PM ET
Pop star Joe Jonas isn't gay but doesn't seem to mind the gay rumors that have dogged him in recent months, according to a new profile in Details magazine.
"There's nothing wrong with being gay," Jonas says, "but I'm not." The middle Jonas brother, 21, was bluntly asked if he's gay by paparazzi last January. Details speculates that part of the reason for the rumors may have been Jonas's playful video homage to Beyoncé's "Single Ladies," in which he dressed in a leotard and heels and danced to make good on a sports bet with some friends. The video of his performance was watched by more than 25 million viewers on YouTube.
The singer, who is currently dating Twilight star Ashley Greene, is working on a solo album that some predict could lead to Justin Timberlake–style stardom.
Watch Joe dance to "Single Ladies" below.
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
- Op-ed: Religion Shouldn't Be an Excuse for Discrimination
- WATCH: Ben Affleck and SNL Crew Go to Ex-Gay Camp
- Florida Teen Facing Sex Offender Charge For Consensual Same-Sex Relationship
- The Miseducation of Destin Holmes
- WATCH: The Cure for Gay Wedding-Related Depression
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Music EXCLUSIVE: Audra McDonald's 'Some Days' 1 hour 16 min ago
- Travel A Handy, Color-Coded Map to Gay Europe 1 hour 29 min ago
- Commentary Op-ed: Religion Shouldn't Be an Excuse for Discrimination 4:40 AM
- Current Issue The Miseducation of Destin Holmes 4:00 AM
- Politics Obama to Grads: 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend' May 20 2013 7:56 PM
- Crime Thousands Rally Against Anti-LGBT Violence in NYC May 20 2013 7:35 PM
- Women WATCH: Ellen Responds To Abercrombie's Sizeist CEO - 'Fitch, Please!' May 20 2013 7:26 PM