Joe Jonas: "Nothing Wrong With Being Gay"
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 16 2011 1:45 PM ET
Pop star Joe Jonas isn't gay but doesn't seem to mind the gay rumors that have dogged him in recent months, according to a new profile in Details magazine.
"There's nothing wrong with being gay," Jonas says, "but I'm not." The middle Jonas brother, 21, was bluntly asked if he's gay by paparazzi last January. Details speculates that part of the reason for the rumors may have been Jonas's playful video homage to Beyoncé's "Single Ladies," in which he dressed in a leotard and heels and danced to make good on a sports bet with some friends. The video of his performance was watched by more than 25 million viewers on YouTube.
The singer, who is currently dating Twilight star Ashley Greene, is working on a solo album that some predict could lead to Justin Timberlake–style stardom.
Watch Joe dance to "Single Ladies" below.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Politicians Gay Activists Interrupt Marco Rubio Speech 1 hour 41 min ago
- Hate-crimes WATCH: Vigil for Hate Crime Victim Mark Carson 2 hours 43 min ago
- Television WATCH: The Cure for Gay Wedding-Related Depression 12:39 PM
- Television WATCH: Did Stefon Marry Seth Meyers or Anderson Cooper? 12:32 PM
- Crime Gay Man Gunned Down in NYC Street, Dies UPDATED: May 18 2013 7:24 PM
- Youth Florida Teen Arrested, Expelled for Same-Sex Relationship May 18 2013 6:58 PM
- Media Legendary Gay Gossip Columnist Michael Musto Responds to Being Laid Off May 18 2013 3:21 PM