Elderly Gay Man Stoned to Death in Pa.
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 20 2011 12:15 PM ET
A young Pennsylvania man who claims a gay senior made unwanted sexual advances toward him said the Old Testament instructed him to beat the victim to death with a sock full of rocks.
According to the New York Daily News, “John Joe Thomas of Upper Darby told police he beat Murray Seidman using a sock that was stuffed with rocks because he read in the Old Testament that homosexuals should be stoned to death.”
Police said the 70-year-old Seidman, a laundry worker at the local hospital, was hit in the head about 10 times. Thomas, 28, was the sole beneficiary of the victim’s will, although the relationship between the men is unknown.
Seidman was dead for at least five days before police found him, the Daily News reports. Thomas left him in his Lansdowne apartment and then returned days later, trying to make it appear as if he had just found the body in a phone call to police on January 12.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Crime Gay Man Gunned Down in NYC Street, Dies UPDATED: May 18 2013 7:24 PM
- Youth Florida Teen Arrested, Expelled for Same-Sex Relationship May 18 2013 6:58 PM
- Media Legendary Gay Gossip Columnist Michael Musto Responds to Being Laid Off May 18 2013 3:21 PM
- Marriage Equality Vive la France! Hollande Signs Marriage Equality Bill May 18 2013 12:20 PM
- Photography Photos: Cuba Libre May 18 2013 5:29 AM
- Television These 20 Sexy Pics of Stephen Amell Will Hit Your Bullseye May 17 2013 9:00 PM
- Politics Portugal Approves Adoption Rights for Same-Sex Spouses May 17 2013 8:32 PM