Elderly Gay Man Stoned to Death in Pa.
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 20 2011 11:15 AM ET
A young Pennsylvania man who claims a gay senior made unwanted sexual advances toward him said the Old Testament instructed him to beat the victim to death with a sock full of rocks.
According to the New York Daily News, “John Joe Thomas of Upper Darby told police he beat Murray Seidman using a sock that was stuffed with rocks because he read in the Old Testament that homosexuals should be stoned to death.”
Police said the 70-year-old Seidman, a laundry worker at the local hospital, was hit in the head about 10 times. Thomas, 28, was the sole beneficiary of the victim’s will, although the relationship between the men is unknown.
Seidman was dead for at least five days before police found him, the Daily News reports. Thomas left him in his Lansdowne apartment and then returned days later, trying to make it appear as if he had just found the body in a phone call to police on January 12.
- Mormon Church: Let's Make a Deal on LGBT Antidiscrimination Law
- Op-ed: Male Gays and the Male Gaze
- Amid Marriage Standoff, Alabama Lawmaker Threatens to Out Cheating Colleagues
- A Best-Case, Worst-Case Look at the Supreme Court's Options
- Meet the Gay Bear Nerds Hoping to Bring Down Jeb Bush
- Op-ed: Madonna, My Father, and a Life Outside a Tiny Island