Victoria Jackson Defends Slam
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 22 2011 8:20 AM ET
Former Saturday Night Live star turned conservative activist Victoria Jackson appeared on Showbiz Tonight to defend her opinion that the kiss between Glee characters Kurt and Blaine was “sickening.”
Last week Jackson slammed the kiss in a column for WorldNetDaily, where she said Glee “made a mockery of Christians.” On Monday she appealed to religion once again when asked to clarify her position on Headline News.
The Huffington Post reports that Jackson said, “Well, it doesn't matter what I think. What matters is what the Bible says. And I'm really concerned about our country because immorality is, well, let's see: Secular humanism rules the airwaves, and it's stealing the innocence away from this whole generation of children. My daughter is a teenager and I can’t find any show that she can watch.”
Asked whether she is homophobic, Jackson replied, “That's a cute little buzzword of the liberal agenda. Basically, the Bible says that homosexuality is a sin.”
As the segment closed, Jackson said that she has gay friends.
- Don't Miss the Message in Rome's Beautiful Christmas Lights
- WATCH: Pastor Rick Warren's Orwellian 'Doublespeak' on Marriage Equality
- Colo. Bakery's Refusal to Bake Gay Wedding Cake Is Discrimination, Judge Rules
- Hot Sheet: Hark the Herald Angel Swings
- Colo. School Board Member Denies Existence of Gay, Trans Identities
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- Music A Brief History of Macklemore's 'Same Love' 2 hours 40 min ago
- Transgender Gay, Trans Identities Don't Exist, Says Colo. School Board Member 7:00 AM
- World News PHOTOS: Don't Miss the Message in Rome's Beautiful New Lights 1:47 AM
- Travel Wedding Bells Ring Down Under December 07 2013 3:33 PM
- Religion WATCH: Rick Warren's 'Doublespeak' on Marriage Equality December 07 2013 3:32 PM
- Entertainment News Macklemore & Ryan Lewis Score 7 Grammy Nominations December 07 2013 1:32 PM
- Marriage Equality Washington's Weddings Were 17 Percent Gay Last Year December 07 2013 8:00 AM