Victoria Jackson Defends Slam
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 22 2011 9:20 AM ET
Former Saturday Night Live star turned conservative activist Victoria Jackson appeared on Showbiz Tonight to defend her opinion that the kiss between Glee characters Kurt and Blaine was “sickening.”
Last week Jackson slammed the kiss in a column for WorldNetDaily, where she said Glee “made a mockery of Christians.” On Monday she appealed to religion once again when asked to clarify her position on Headline News.
The Huffington Post reports that Jackson said, “Well, it doesn't matter what I think. What matters is what the Bible says. And I'm really concerned about our country because immorality is, well, let's see: Secular humanism rules the airwaves, and it's stealing the innocence away from this whole generation of children. My daughter is a teenager and I can’t find any show that she can watch.”
Asked whether she is homophobic, Jackson replied, “That's a cute little buzzword of the liberal agenda. Basically, the Bible says that homosexuality is a sin.”
As the segment closed, Jackson said that she has gay friends.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Modern Family Director Live-Tweets a Plane Passenger's Drunken Meltdown
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Op-ed: Why LGBT and the GOP Are Better Together
- Op-ed: Finding Sympathy for the Most Hated Woman in America
- Welcome to Night Vale: Where Queer Is Normal and Normal Is Bizarre