Watch: Moving Tribute to Gay Soldier Killed in Afghanistan
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 01 2011 1:15 PM ET
The parents of Andrew Wilfahrt, a gay soldier who was killed in the line of duty in Afghanistan in February, remember their son in a passionate new video for the Courage Campaign.
“Our son Andrew was a gay man, very openly gay, and loud and proud about it when he lived here in Minneapolis,” Jeff Wilfahrt says in the video. “Of course, when he entered the military, he had to go back in the closet.”
It’s a moving tribute in support of overturning “don’t ask, don’t tell,” and Jeff and Lori Wilfahrt speak passionately in memory of their son.
- 60 Homoerotic Album Covers
- Straight Talk With Years & Years' Olly Alexander, the U.K.'s New Gay Pop Star
- Op-ed: The Far-Reaching Consequences of Dating App Racism
- Lesbian Couple Allegedly Beaten After Kissing Outside Six Flags New England
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- He Said, She Said: Privilege Check On I Am Cait