Watch: Moving Tribute to Gay Soldier Killed in Afghanistan
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 01 2011 12:15 PM ET
The parents of Andrew Wilfahrt, a gay soldier who was killed in the line of duty in Afghanistan in February, remember their son in a passionate new video for the Courage Campaign.
“Our son Andrew was a gay man, very openly gay, and loud and proud about it when he lived here in Minneapolis,” Jeff Wilfahrt says in the video. “Of course, when he entered the military, he had to go back in the closet.”
It’s a moving tribute in support of overturning “don’t ask, don’t tell,” and Jeff and Lori Wilfahrt speak passionately in memory of their son.
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Why I Filmed My Coming Out Journey 4:00 AM
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Love Starts With Acceptance 4:00 AM
- Year in Review 11 Great New Tech Gifts 4:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Lesbians Explain How Lesbians Have Sex - with Visual Aids! December 05 2013 7:57 PM
- Travel Why Travelers Love Palm Springs Airport December 05 2013 7:33 PM
- Travel Turkish Bazaar Opening on Vegas Strip December 05 2013 7:12 PM
- Women WATCH: Nurse: 3D is the Epic Lesbian Exploitation Hospital Thriller of the Year! December 05 2013 6:54 PM