Watch: Moving Tribute to Gay Soldier Killed in Afghanistan
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 01 2011 12:15 PM ET
The parents of Andrew Wilfahrt, a gay soldier who was killed in the line of duty in Afghanistan in February, remember their son in a passionate new video for the Courage Campaign.
“Our son Andrew was a gay man, very openly gay, and loud and proud about it when he lived here in Minneapolis,” Jeff Wilfahrt says in the video. “Of course, when he entered the military, he had to go back in the closet.”
It’s a moving tribute in support of overturning “don’t ask, don’t tell,” and Jeff and Lori Wilfahrt speak passionately in memory of their son.
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 7:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 7:25 PM
- Marriage Equality Here's The Most Absurd Thing You Missed in Michigan's Marriage Equality Trial March 07 2014 7:20 PM
- Uganda As Aid Cuts Continue, Ugandan Officials Not Concerned March 07 2014 6:57 PM
- Religion Fired Gay Administrator Sues Wash. Catholic School March 07 2014 6:55 PM
- Women Who the F Is … California Politico Toni Atkins? March 07 2014 5:53 PM
- Women Op-ed: Why We Need International Women's Day March 07 2014 5:49 PM