Maher vs. Obama on Marriage
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 04 2011 8:45 AM ET
Never one to mince words on gay rights, Bill Maher has a message for a president who is still “evolving” on the subject of marriage equality: “Now that a Cheney, a McCain, and a Bush have come out to support gay marriage, it’s your turn, Obama,” Maher said Friday on HBO's Real Time With Bill Maher with a graphic of Dick Cheney, Cindy McCain, and President George W. Bush's daughter Barbara behind him. “Who are you waiting for? The state of Alabama? The Reverend Fred Phelps?”
Maher noted a recent ABC News/Washington Post poll that showed a majority of Americans support marriage rights for gays and lesbians.
“This is remarkable progress, considering that it wasn’t that long ago that just saying the words ‘gay marriage’ made most Americans throw up in their cornflakes,” Maher said.
Watch the video below.
- Mormon Missionary Positions
- The Only 2 Things to Know Out of Mike Pence's Dissembling Interview
- Charles Barkley: Move Final Four Out of Indiana
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- Butler University President Says Lawmakers Damaged Indiana
- Backlash Continues: Angie's List Cancels Indiana Expansion