Blake Shelton: Jake Gyllenhaal Is Gay
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 05 2011 1:15 PM ET
Country singer Blake Shelton thinks he knows why Jake Gyllenhaal ended his relationship with Taylor Swift.
Shelton hosted the Academy of Country Music Awards in Las Vegas with Reba McEntire over the weekend. When Swift came up, McEntire warned, "Don't make jokes about Taylor Swift. If you make her mad, she'll write a song about you. She writes songs about guys who break up with her.
"Which I don't understand in the first place. She's beautiful, she's talented, she's sweet. What in the world was Jake Gyllenhaal thinking anyway?”
Shelton responded by saying: "Wait a minute, he was in Brokeback Mountain." The crack prompted laughter and cheers from the audience.
Gyllenhaal was nominated for an Oscar for playing a gay cowboy opposite Health Ledger in the film. Read the rest of the story at USMagazine.com.
- WATCH: Michael Sam Responds Graciously To Tony Dungy's Homophobia
- Op-ed: Accepting My Partner's Gender Transformation
- WATCH: Keith Olbermann Eviscerates Tony Dungy for Michael Sam Remarks
- Artist Spotlight: James Huctwith
- PHOTOS: Charlie's Gay Angel
- WATCH: Protesters Rally as N.C. Women Seek Marriage License