Obama Rehires Gay Spokesman
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 05 2011 6:35 PM ET
Ben LaBolt, the gay public relations whiz who helped elect Barack Obama in 2008, will serve as spokesman for the president's reelection campaign.
LaBolt currently serves as communications director for Rahm Emanuel, Chicago's mayor-elect and the former chief of staff to President Obama. The 29-year-old LaBolt will move to Obama's camp following Emanuel's swearing-in as mayor in mid May. An Illinois native, LaBolt will work out of Chicago.
Between his 2008 campaign efforts for Obama and taking over communications for Emanuel, LaBolt worked at the White House's press office, specializing in environmental, justice, and energy issues and guiding communication efforts around the nominations and eventual appointments of Supreme Court justices Sonia Sotomayor and Elena Kagan.
Read more about LaBolt here.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Sports Water Polo Player Addresses WeHo City Council in Speedo 2 hours 21 min ago
- Comics and Graphic Novels This Gay Superhero Comic Is So Super Duper May 22 2013 9:00 PM
- The End of Bullying Could Video Games Be a Cure for Anti-LGBT Bullying? May 22 2013 8:15 PM
- Women Kaitlyn Hunt's Lawyer: Possible Plea Deal, But No Felony For Same-Sex High School Relationship May 22 2013 7:03 PM
- Military Donald Rumsfeld Isn't Sure, But Marriage Equality Might Lead to Polygamy May 22 2013 7:01 PM
- Internet WATCH: The First AIDS Generation in Giant Town Hall May 22 2013 6:16 PM
- Politics Joe Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Marriage Equality May 22 2013 6:09 PM