A Manwich to the Face
BY Neal Broverman
April 07 2011 6:45 PM ET
The makers of the sloppy-joe mix Manwich say they’ve pulled Web advertisements that featured men being attacked after talking about their hair, shoes, and theater — but they’re still viewable.
A spokesman for ConAgra, the food conglomerate that owns Manwich, apologized for the spots. He added that the videos were likely created by the ad agency that helps market their products in Canada and posted to YouTube without the company's knowledge.
The three videos — which show different men discussing things that are ostensibly not manly before someone violently grabs their sandwich out of their hands and smacks it into their faces — can still be seen on some sites.
“We apologize — it was not meant to offend,” Con-Agra spokesman Jeff Mochal told The Advocate. “The ads were never on TV and were not part of a some multimillion-dollar ad buy. As soon as we became aware of them we pulled them down.”
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Marriage Equality Vive la France! Hollande Signs Marriage Equality Bill 2 hours 5 min ago
- Photography Photos: Cuba Libre 5:29 AM
- Television These 20 Sexy Pics of Stephen Amell Will Hit Your Bullseye May 17 2013 9:00 PM
- Politics Portugal Approves Adoption Rights for Same-Sex Spouses May 17 2013 8:32 PM
- Pride S.F. Gay Couple Throw Fund-raiser for Trans Woman's Breast Implants May 17 2013 7:18 PM
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Marriage Equality a Big Story? Not on Fox News May 17 2013 7:18 PM
- Women Jonathan Groff/Troian Bellisario Starrer C.O.G. to Open Outfest May 17 2013 7:04 PM