Two Top Think Tanks Merge
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 11 2011 6:20 PM ET
One of the nation's leading research groups on the military and issues
of gender and sexuality announced Monday that it is merging with the
Williams Institute, another top think tank for policy-making and tracking statistics about the gay population.
Aaron Belkin, director of the Palm Center, announced the move to work as a distinct center operating under the Williams Institute at the University of California, Los Angeles.
“The Williams Institute brings the highest scholarly standards to its research, and it is an honor to become a part of the Williams family,” he said.
The Williams Institute is currently celebrating its 10th year in operation. It released figures last week showing approximately 4% of Americans identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual, or transgender.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Crime Gay Man Gunned Down in NYC Street, Dies UPDATED: May 18 2013 7:24 PM
- Youth Florida Teen Arrested, Expelled for Same-Sex Relationship May 18 2013 6:58 PM
- Media Legendary Gay Gossip Columnist Michael Musto Responds to Being Laid Off May 18 2013 3:21 PM
- Marriage Equality Vive la France! Hollande Signs Marriage Equality Bill May 18 2013 12:20 PM
- Photography Photos: Cuba Libre May 18 2013 5:29 AM
- Television These 20 Sexy Pics of Stephen Amell Will Hit Your Bullseye May 17 2013 9:00 PM
- Politics Portugal Approves Adoption Rights for Same-Sex Spouses May 17 2013 8:32 PM