Writer Compares to "Puddle of HIV"
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 13 2011 10:45 AM ET
Author Bret Easton Ellis has tweeted, "I like the idea of Glee but why is it that every time I watch an episode I feel like I've stepped into a puddle of HIV?" Easton sent the tweet to his more than 140, 000 followers Tuesday night.
Easton is the author of the 1985 best-seller Less Than Zero, published when he was 21, a seminal depiction of Los Angeles teenagers that features a bisexual protagonist. Easton is also responsible for the satirical 1991 novel America Psycho, which generated controversy for its graphic violence against women. Ellis has stated in past interviews that he does not identify as either gay or straight.
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- Father of Teen Facing Felony for Lesbian Relationship Says She's Been Targeted Before
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
- French Marriage Equality Opponent Commits Suicide at Notre Dame
- LGBT-Inclusive Immigration Reform Good as Dead, Say Advocates
- Marriage Equality Makes Progress in U.K.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- World News Marriage Equality Appeal Headed to Brazil's Supreme Court 9 min 58 sec ago
- Mental Wellness Psychiatrists' Group Names First Out Gay Leader May 21 2013 10:04 PM
- Arts & Entertainment Which Gay Celeb Has a Wizard of Oz Aquarium? May 21 2013 10:00 PM
- Women WATCH: Kathy Griffin Calls for Suze Orman for President! May 21 2013 8:29 PM
- Marriage Equality Marriage Equality Makes Progress in U.K. May 21 2013 8:25 PM
- Women PHOTOS: Stars Come Out for the LA Gay and Lesbian Center's 'An Evening with Women' May 21 2013 8:03 PM
- Video Meet the Delicious Diet Dr Pepper Dude May 21 2013 8:00 PM