Prop 8. Supporters v. Vaughn Walker
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 14 2011 1:35 PM ET
Proponents of Proposition 8 want retired judge Vaughn Walker to surrender videotapes of the federal trial in which he invalidated the anti–marriage equality California ballot initiative.
Prop. 8 supporters are asking the ninth circuit court of appeals to make Walker give up the tapes of the Perry v. Schwarzenegger trial. The dispute arose after Walker gave a speech at the University of Arizona in February and showed a snippet of the 2010 trial, which was not televised.
"The [pro-Prop. 8] lawyers say that violated a U.S. Supreme Court order and assurances from Walker," according to the San Jose Mercury-News.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Television These 20 Sexy Pics of Stephen Amell Will Hit Your Bullseye May 17 2013 9:00 PM
- Politics Portugal Approves Adoption Rights for Same-Sex Spouses May 17 2013 8:32 PM
- Pride S.F. Gay Couple Throw Fund-raiser for Trans Woman's Breast Implants May 17 2013 7:18 PM
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Marriage Equality a Big Story? Not on Fox News May 17 2013 7:18 PM
- Women Jonathan Groff/Troian Bellisario Starrer C.O.G. to Open Outfest May 17 2013 7:04 PM
- Style WATCH: Nasty Pig Meets Naughty Dog May 17 2013 7:00 PM
- Sports UFC Comes Down Hard on Homophobic Wrestler May 17 2013 6:49 PM