Rosie Not Renting From Trump
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 26 2011 6:40 PM ET
Rosie O’Donnell will not be staying at the Trump Chicago hotel while she tapes her new talk show for the Oprah Winfrey Network, a rep for O’Donnell told The Advocate Tuesday.
“She is NOT going to be living or renting a Donald Trump apartment and is still looking at real estate options,” the rep said in an e-mail.
Earlier this month O’Donnell appeared on Howard Stern’s Sirius XM radio show and said she’d be staying at the Trump Chicago hotel while she taped the show.
That was before the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation called for a boycott of all of Trump’s businesses. The real estate tycoon and potential Republican candidate for president in 2012 has spoken out against marriage equality on numerous occasions as part of his campaign platform.
“I just don't feel good about it,” he said in an appearance on Fox News. “I don't feel right about it. I'm against it… I'm opposed to gay marriage.”
UPDATE: GLAAD issued the following statement Tuesday evening: "Rosie O'Donnell has sent an important message to the majority of Americans - gay and straight - who don't agree with Donald Trump's statements against marriage equality for all loving and committed couples," said GLAAD President Jarrett Barrios. “Fair-minded people should think twice about supporting a businessman who courts our dollars but advocates denying gay and lesbian couples protections that all families need to take care of each other.”
- New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families
- Ugandan LGBT Activists Arrested While Protesting Media Censorship
- WATCH: What Happens When a Gay Boy Scout Comes Out to His Camp Leader
- Boy Scouts Vote to End Discrimination Against Gay Youth
- Meet the New Voice for Dallas
- 3 Big Differences: Boy Scouts Versus Girl Scouts
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Television The Brains Behind Husbands 19 min 25 sec ago
- Tyler Curry The 'Undetectable' Paradox in Talking About HIV 22 min 16 sec ago
- Current Issue Meet the New Voice for Dallas 2 hours 22 min ago
- Books New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families May 23 2013 8:17 PM
- Commentary Op-ed: Boy Scouts Must Complete the Inclusion Process May 23 2013 7:32 PM
- Sports Gay Athletes Hop Aboard the Condom Mobile May 23 2013 7:15 PM
- Crime Questions Over Police Response to Murder of N.Y. Gay Man Still Unanswered May 23 2013 7:02 PM