Meet the Cast of
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 27 2011 6:25 PM ET
Luke Macfarlane, Lee Pace, Jim Parsons, Ellen Barkin, and the rest of the all-star cast of Larry Kramer’s The Normal Heart took
time out from a promotional shoot to talk about the importance of the
show being staged on Broadway 26 years after its off-Broadway debut and
what it means to each of them.
“I believe the play has a perspective now that is really meaningful,” Pace said. His costar Wayne Alan Wilco, thinks history “is cyclical, and it just keeps coming around, and we need these stories to be told again and again and again.”
Parsons was thrilled to be making his Broadway debut in this show, while Macfarlane remembered studying it in school and desperately wanting to be a part of it one day.
Watch the video below, and also watch a video of Barbra Streisand introducing a reading of the play in 1993.
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- Op-ed: My Life as a Gay Boy Scout
- A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World
- LGBT-Inclusive Immigration Reform Good as Dead, Say Advocates
- Father of Teen Facing Felony for Lesbian Relationship Says She's Been Targeted Before
- Op-ed: Adopting the T in LGBT
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Film New Man Of Steel and Wolverine Trailers Debut 19 min 47 sec ago
- Travel Top 10 Ways to Score and Upgrade on Your Next Flight 55 min 53 sec ago
- Travel A Perfect Day in Rio 1 hour 23 min ago
- Marriage Equality Recalls of Pro-Marriage Equality Lawmakers Quashed in Minnesota 5:30 AM
- Commentary Op-ed: My Life as a Gay Boy Scout 4:34 AM
- Current Issue A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World 4:00 AM
- Current Issue A Home of Our Own 4:00 AM