Cher Proud of Son Chaz
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 02 2011 6:30 PM ET
Cher is proud of her son Chaz Bono's courage in sharing his story as a transgender man, a friend of the superstar entertainer tells People magazine.
The magazine reports that Cher hosted a screening of the upcoming documentary Becoming Chaz, which follows her son's transition from female to male, for a small group of close friends at her home in Malibu.
"I admire my son Chaz's courage for sharing his personal journey," Cher is quoted as saying after the screening. "Most important to me is that he is very happy. That's what I care about the most. He has my love and support."
Becoming Chaz will premiere on OWN May 10, the same day Bono's memoir Transition will be published.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- 'God's Not Afraid of New Things,' Pope Tells Antigay Bishops
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- What to Expect When You're on PrEP
- Amid Marriage Victories, Antigay Lawyer Grows Increasingly Desparate
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers