Michele Bachmann Loves Chris Colfer?
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 02 2011 2:35 PM ET
Antigay Minnesota congresswoman Michele Bachmann is apparently a big fan of Glee, or at least her children are.
Bachmann was at a Time magazine party Thursday. New York magazine reports that the Republican politician, who fights marriage equality at every turn, posed with Glee star Darren Criss, who stars as a gay teen on the popular series about musical high-schoolers.
"We looked for Chris Colfer," Bachmann told New York, though she never found him. On Glee, Colfer plays Kurt, an outspoken gay student whose love life and struggles with bullying have become one of the show's main story lines. Glee was also created by a gay man — Ryan Murphy. "We don’t watch TV, generally speaking. But the kids were thrilled. What kids don’t watch Glee?" Bachmann said.
Read the full story here.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Theater Five Decades Remembered At the Flash 27 min 44 sec ago
- Film Why is Behind the Candelabra Like Valley of the Dolls? 1 hour 7 min ago
- The Wedding Channel PHOTOS: Real Weddings, Real People 6:00 AM
- Youth WATCH: What Happens When a Gay Scout Comes Out to Camp Leader 5:00 AM
- Commentary Op-ed: Are We More Successful Because We’re Gay? 4:34 AM
- Current Issue We Love Liberace Now Even More Than 30 Years Ago 4:00 AM
- Sports Water Polo Player Addresses WeHo City Council in Speedo May 22 2013 10:00 PM