NPH Returns to Host Tony Awards
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 10 2011 2:50 PM ET
It's official: actor Neil Patrick Harris is returning to host the Tony Awards on June 12.
The American Theater Wing announced Tuesday that the actor is slated to host the 65th annual awards ceremony. Executive Producers Ricky Kirshner and Glenn Weiss said they were thrilled the openly gay actor and proud father of twins was returning to host because "he fits in the Spider-Man rigging."
"I'm honored and stoked to have been asked to host the 2011 Tony Awards," Harris said in a statement. "It should be a great show -- we've got a fantastic mix of live performances, a few secret surprises, and since they're closed for retooling, we're using all the rigging equipment from Spider-Man. What could possibly go wrong?"
The first time Harris hosted the awards show in 2009, he received an Emmy award for his duties.
- WATCH: Gay Couple Assaulted at Dallas BBQ in Chelsea
- WATCH: Jon Stewart's Mic-Drop on Antigay GOP's 'Slim Chances' at White House
- Meet the Same-Sex Couple Who Made Dodger Stadium Swoon
- WATCH: Ben Carson Thinks President Can Ignore Courts on Marriage Equality
- POLL: Americans Prefer Gay President to Evangelical or Tea Partier
- WATCH: You’ll Cry When You See What Happened During That Gay-Straight Prom Date