NPH Returns to Host Tony Awards
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 10 2011 2:50 PM ET
It's official: actor Neil Patrick Harris is returning to host the Tony Awards on June 12.
The American Theater Wing announced Tuesday that the actor is slated to host the 65th annual awards ceremony. Executive Producers Ricky Kirshner and Glenn Weiss said they were thrilled the openly gay actor and proud father of twins was returning to host because "he fits in the Spider-Man rigging."
"I'm honored and stoked to have been asked to host the 2011 Tony Awards," Harris said in a statement. "It should be a great show -- we've got a fantastic mix of live performances, a few secret surprises, and since they're closed for retooling, we're using all the rigging equipment from Spider-Man. What could possibly go wrong?"
The first time Harris hosted the awards show in 2009, he received an Emmy award for his duties.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- t.A.T.u. Singer OK with Lesbians, But Being Gay Is 'Unmanly'
- Catholics: Antigay Leaders Get Boot, a Progressive Becomes American Archbishop
- Boys Wear Skirts to Class in Protest After School Fines Trans Girl for Wearing Skirt
- Op-ed: Gay Voice Is Ruining Lives
- WATCH: Straight Dad Punched For Calling Out Woman's Antigay Slurs