Trans Triathlete Wins TRX Sponsorship
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 13 2011 3:45 PM ET
Chris Mosier, a transgender triathlete who entered a YouTube contest to win a sponsorship deal with training system TRX, was one of ten athletes chosen for the prize.
According to OutSports.com, there were more than 100 competitors in the contest. Mosier, whose video received over 5,000 views, said, “with this sponsorship, I am hoping to bring some awareness to trans people participating in sports, and some of the issues we face. The first step of that is to let people know there are trans people in sports.”
The prize includes money to be put toward racing and training expenses, TRX workout equipment, and a video camera to document his progress.
Mosier’s next race, a sprint triathlon, will take place on June 5.
Read the full story here.
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith 1 hour 32 min ago
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 7:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 7:25 PM
- Marriage Equality Here's The Most Absurd Thing You Missed in Michigan's Marriage Equality Trial March 07 2014 7:20 PM
- Uganda As Aid Cuts Continue, Ugandan Officials Not Concerned March 07 2014 6:57 PM
- Religion Fired Gay Administrator Sues Wash. Catholic School March 07 2014 6:55 PM
- Women Who the F Is … California Politico Toni Atkins? March 07 2014 5:53 PM