Trans Triathlete Wins TRX Sponsorship
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 13 2011 4:45 PM ET
Chris Mosier, a transgender triathlete who entered a YouTube contest to win a sponsorship deal with training system TRX, was one of ten athletes chosen for the prize.
According to OutSports.com, there were more than 100 competitors in the contest. Mosier, whose video received over 5,000 views, said, “with this sponsorship, I am hoping to bring some awareness to trans people participating in sports, and some of the issues we face. The first step of that is to let people know there are trans people in sports.”
The prize includes money to be put toward racing and training expenses, TRX workout equipment, and a video camera to document his progress.
Mosier’s next race, a sprint triathlon, will take place on June 5.
Read the full story here.
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- Op-Ed: Gay Purple Heart Recipient Says 'Mission Not Accomplished'
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- Eurovision Winner Who Called Gays an 'Abnormality' Changes Tune
- Artist Spotlight: Ben McNutt