S.F. Giants to Say "It Gets Better"
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 16 2011 6:05 PM ET
The San Francisco Giants will become the first professional sports team to record an “It Gets Better” video to encourage LGBT youth and speak out against antigay bullying, a spokeswoman for the team confirmed Monday.
Staci Slaughter told SF Weekly the team had already been talking about recording a video before more than 6,500 people signed a Change.org petition urging the team to add their voices to the viral video campaign.
"Details of the video are still being worked out so I can't provide you with specifics," Slaughter told SF Weekly in an e-mail Monday. "But we are confirmed to produce and post a video."
Slaughter said the team was planning to make a video to coincide with its LGBT night in August, but after the petition took off, decided to make the video sooner.
Look for the Giants’ video to hit the web in the coming weeks.
- 90,000-Plus and Counting: Petition to Cancel Duggars' Show Gains Momentum
- Transgender Day of Remembrance: Those We've Lost in 2014
- Country Music Star Ty Herndon Comes Out as Gay
- Artist Spotlight: Boots Bryant
- Transgender Pioneer and Stone Butch Blues Author Leslie Feinberg Has Died
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet