S.F. Giants to Say "It Gets Better"
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 16 2011 6:05 PM ET
The San Francisco Giants will become the first professional sports team to record an “It Gets Better” video to encourage LGBT youth and speak out against antigay bullying, a spokeswoman for the team confirmed Monday.
Staci Slaughter told SF Weekly the team had already been talking about recording a video before more than 6,500 people signed a Change.org petition urging the team to add their voices to the viral video campaign.
"Details of the video are still being worked out so I can't provide you with specifics," Slaughter told SF Weekly in an e-mail Monday. "But we are confirmed to produce and post a video."
Slaughter said the team was planning to make a video to coincide with its LGBT night in August, but after the petition took off, decided to make the video sooner.
Look for the Giants’ video to hit the web in the coming weeks.
- Travel Out Traveler Awards: What's the Next Hot Destination? 8 min 50 sec ago
- Internet WATCH: What Do These Gay Hockey Players Want for Christmas? 38 min 47 sec ago
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Glenn Beck Has Gay Friends, So He's Not Intolerant 43 min 56 sec ago
- Women Op-ed: Remembering Mandela 1 hour 24 min ago
- Marriage Equality Illinois Family Institute Compares Marriage Equality to Junk Food 2 hours 7 min ago
- Year in Review 11 Great New Tech Gifts UPDATED: 2 hours 8 min ago
- People Lady Gaga Urges Boycott of Sochi Olympics 2 hours 29 min ago