S.F. Giants to Say "It Gets Better"
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 16 2011 6:05 PM ET
The San Francisco Giants will become the first professional sports team to record an “It Gets Better” video to encourage LGBT youth and speak out against antigay bullying, a spokeswoman for the team confirmed Monday.
Staci Slaughter told SF Weekly the team had already been talking about recording a video before more than 6,500 people signed a Change.org petition urging the team to add their voices to the viral video campaign.
"Details of the video are still being worked out so I can't provide you with specifics," Slaughter told SF Weekly in an e-mail Monday. "But we are confirmed to produce and post a video."
Slaughter said the team was planning to make a video to coincide with its LGBT night in August, but after the petition took off, decided to make the video sooner.
Look for the Giants’ video to hit the web in the coming weeks.
- Hot Sheet: Hark the Herald Angel Swings
- Nebraska Republican Vying for Mantle as Most Antigay in Primary
- Op-ed: Why I Filmed My Coming Out Journey
- Lady Gaga Congratulates Tom Daley, Urges Boycott of Sochi Olympics
- WATCH: Pat Robertson Says Pray for Gays 'Recruited' By Child Abuse
- WATCH: What Do These Gay Hockey Players Want for Christmas?
- Travel Wanna Win a Wedding in West Hollywood? 10 min 57 sec ago
- Election Nebraska Republican Vying for Mantle as Most Antigay in Primary 43 min 56 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Santana Lopez as the Best Bad Santa Ever! 1 hour 4 min ago
- Religion WATCH: Robertson Prays for Gays 'Recruited' By Abuse 2 hours 55 min ago
- Women WATCH: Idina Menzel's Female Empowerment Anthem from Frozen 4:07 PM
- Travel Out Traveler Awards: What's the Next Hot Destination? 3:20 PM
- Internet WATCH: What Do These Gay Hockey Players Want for Christmas? 2:50 PM