Chris Colfer on Republican Photo Ops
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 22 2011 1:40 PM ET
Here’s a message to politicians with antigay voting records: Chris Colfer knows who you are and he knows what you stand for. And when he poses for a picture with you, he’s doing it in the name gay rights.
In an interview with Piers Morgan set to air tomorrow night on CNN, Glee's Chris Colfer talks about meeting Republican politicians who are big fans of the show and want proof that they’ve met him.
“I’ll be like, ‘Yeah sure — you don’t believe in me and my rights, but you want a picture with me. Sure, sure, I’ll take a picture with you.’”
Colfer, who admits to being a “huge nerd” who occasionally watches C-SPAN, says he doesn’t turn down the requests because it just might help the cause in the future.
“What if something else comes along, and they think, No, that gay kid from Glee didn’t give me a picture. I’m gonna vote no.”
Watch the video below.
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- 60 Homoerotic Album Covers
- Straight Talk With Years & Years' Olly Alexander, the U.K.'s New Gay Pop Star
- UFC Women's Champ: 'I Wouldn't Refuse' to Fight a Trans Athlete
- Antigay Texas Attorney General Surrenders After Indictment
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers