Chris Colfer on Republican Photo Ops
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 22 2011 1:40 PM ET
Here’s a message to politicians with antigay voting records: Chris Colfer knows who you are and he knows what you stand for. And when he poses for a picture with you, he’s doing it in the name gay rights.
In an interview with Piers Morgan set to air tomorrow night on CNN, Glee's Chris Colfer talks about meeting Republican politicians who are big fans of the show and want proof that they’ve met him.
“I’ll be like, ‘Yeah sure — you don’t believe in me and my rights, but you want a picture with me. Sure, sure, I’ll take a picture with you.’”
Colfer, who admits to being a “huge nerd” who occasionally watches C-SPAN, says he doesn’t turn down the requests because it just might help the cause in the future.
“What if something else comes along, and they think, No, that gay kid from Glee didn’t give me a picture. I’m gonna vote no.”
Watch the video below.
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- PHOTOS: Pride for Days In San Francisco
- Arkansas County Clerk Resigns Over Marriage Equality
- Girl Scouts Raise $100,000 in One Day After Dropping Transphobic Donor
- Will Marriage Equality Cause a Spike in Homeless LGBT Youth?