Chris Colfer on Republican Photo Ops
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 22 2011 1:40 PM ET
Here’s a message to politicians with antigay voting records: Chris Colfer knows who you are and he knows what you stand for. And when he poses for a picture with you, he’s doing it in the name gay rights.
In an interview with Piers Morgan set to air tomorrow night on CNN, Glee's Chris Colfer talks about meeting Republican politicians who are big fans of the show and want proof that they’ve met him.
“I’ll be like, ‘Yeah sure — you don’t believe in me and my rights, but you want a picture with me. Sure, sure, I’ll take a picture with you.’”
Colfer, who admits to being a “huge nerd” who occasionally watches C-SPAN, says he doesn’t turn down the requests because it just might help the cause in the future.
“What if something else comes along, and they think, No, that gay kid from Glee didn’t give me a picture. I’m gonna vote no.”
Watch the video below.
- Mormon Missionary Positions
- Charles Barkley: Move Final Four Out of Indiana
- Is This Photo Proof Mike Pence Knew RFRA Discriminates Against LGBTs?
- Tim Cook on Standing Up to Discrimination: 'It’s Time for All of Us'
- The Only 2 Things to Know Out of Mike Pence's Dissembling Interview
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word