Chris Colfer on Republican Photo Ops
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 22 2011 1:40 PM ET
Here’s a message to politicians with antigay voting records: Chris Colfer knows who you are and he knows what you stand for. And when he poses for a picture with you, he’s doing it in the name gay rights.
In an interview with Piers Morgan set to air tomorrow night on CNN, Glee's Chris Colfer talks about meeting Republican politicians who are big fans of the show and want proof that they’ve met him.
“I’ll be like, ‘Yeah sure — you don’t believe in me and my rights, but you want a picture with me. Sure, sure, I’ll take a picture with you.’”
Colfer, who admits to being a “huge nerd” who occasionally watches C-SPAN, says he doesn’t turn down the requests because it just might help the cause in the future.
“What if something else comes along, and they think, No, that gay kid from Glee didn’t give me a picture. I’m gonna vote no.”
Watch the video below.
- Arts & Entertainment Emmy Winner Leslie Jordan: 'I’m Too Young & Fancy to Pay for This Sex!' 1 min 41 sec ago
- Media Murdoch Urges Boycott of Pro-Equality Guinness 2 min 52 sec ago
- Television Exclusive Clip: The Idols Sing on RuPaul's Drag Race Tonight 1 hour 3 min ago
- Commentary Op-ed: The Policies Keeping Trans People From Military Service 6:00 AM
- Politics A Brief History of Gays And The St. Patrick's Day Parade 3:00 AM
- Love and Sex WATCH: First Gay Hug Parodies First Kiss Viral Video 2:19 AM
- Religion LGBT Exclusion Costs St. Paddy's Parades 2:10 AM