Chris Colfer on Republican Photo Ops
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 22 2011 1:40 PM ET
Here’s a message to politicians with antigay voting records: Chris Colfer knows who you are and he knows what you stand for. And when he poses for a picture with you, he’s doing it in the name gay rights.
In an interview with Piers Morgan set to air tomorrow night on CNN, Glee's Chris Colfer talks about meeting Republican politicians who are big fans of the show and want proof that they’ve met him.
“I’ll be like, ‘Yeah sure — you don’t believe in me and my rights, but you want a picture with me. Sure, sure, I’ll take a picture with you.’”
Colfer, who admits to being a “huge nerd” who occasionally watches C-SPAN, says he doesn’t turn down the requests because it just might help the cause in the future.
“What if something else comes along, and they think, No, that gay kid from Glee didn’t give me a picture. I’m gonna vote no.”
Watch the video below.
- Meet the Same-Sex Couple Who Made Dodger Stadium Swoon
- WATCH: You’ll Cry When You See What Happened During That Gay-Straight Prom Date
- WATCH: The 8 Most Hateful Things Texas Lawmakers Said Monday
- WATCH: Texas B&B Boots Gay Couple, Gets Banned From Airbnb
- WATCH: Dodger Stadium Reacts to Same-Sex Couple on Kiss Cam
- RuPaul's Drag Race's Miss Fame: I've Yet to Leave My 'Beauty Mark'