Old Navy's Hat Tip to Gay Pride
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 29 2011 12:55 AM ET
Old Navy will sell a line of gay pride T-shirts, with part of the proceeds going to the It Gets Better Project.
The shirts, which will be available for men, women, and babies, will be available in some stores during gay pride month. Ten percent of the proceeds will go toward Dan Savage's campaign, which has made waves in terms of visibility and gay culture in recent months.
According to MoxieBird.com, Old Navy is the first major chain retailer to release such a shirt. Several high-end designers like Kenneth Cole and Marc Jacobs have released limited-edition shirts supporting gay rights and visibility. American Apparel, however, worked with the Human Rights Campaign to distribute its "Legalize Gay" shirts.
Check out MoxieBird for more images of the shirts.
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
- WATCH: Ben Affleck and SNL Crew Go to Ex-Gay Camp
- WATCH: The Cure for Gay Wedding-Related Depression
- Florida Teen Facing Sex Offender Charge For Consensual Same-Sex Relationship
- Thousands Rally Against Anti-LGBT Violence in New York City
- Nintendo Will 'Fix' Bug That Allows Same-Sex Couples to Marry in Video Game
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Politics Obama to Grads: 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend' May 20 2013 7:56 PM
- Crime Thousands Rally Against Anti-LGBT Violence in NYC May 20 2013 7:35 PM
- Women WATCH: Ellen Responds To Abercrombie's Sizeist CEO - 'Fitch, Please!' May 20 2013 7:26 PM
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Matthew Morrison Can't Even Make Sense of Marriage Inequality May 20 2013 7:00 PM
- Law Texas Man Resurrects Suit Alleging AG Fired Him for Being Gay May 20 2013 6:48 PM
- Women Obama to Award Presidential Medal of Freedom to Sally Ride May 20 2013 6:01 PM
- Pride Turn It Way Up with Pride Beats 2013 May 20 2013 6:00 PM