Florida Family Association: Beware of Disney Gay Day
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 05 2011 2:15 PM ET
The Florida Family Association spent $7,000 to fly a large banner "warning" Disney World attendees of the annual Gay Day celebration at the Magic Kingdom, WESH-TV reports.
"Thousands of homosexuals, lesbians and transgenders will converge on Central Florida the first week of June to celebrate their immoral lifestyles," the group announced on its website in condemnation of Orlando Gay Days, which brings in millions of tourist dollars to the area each year.
The association also criticized Doubletree by Hilton Orlando for its official sponsorship of Gay Days: "Many American families are offended by the public celebration of such immoral and irresponsible behavior. They are also displeased with companies like Hilton that allow their corporate image and goodwill to legitimize these events and their associated immoral behavior. "
View video of the banner via WESH.com.
- New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families
- Ugandan LGBT Activists Arrested While Protesting Media Censorship
- Boy Scouts Vote to End Discrimination Against Gay Youth
- WATCH: What Happens When a Gay Boy Scout Comes Out to His Camp Leader
- Op-ed: Adopting the T in LGBT
- PHOTOS: Real Weddings, Real People
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Television The Brains Behind Husbands 25 min 25 sec ago
- Tyler Curry The 'Undetectable' Paradox in Talking About HIV 28 min 16 sec ago
- Current Issue Meet the New Voice for Dallas 2 hours 28 min ago
- Books New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families May 23 2013 8:17 PM
- Commentary Op-ed: Boy Scouts Must Complete the Inclusion Process May 23 2013 7:32 PM
- Sports Gay Athletes Hop Aboard the Condom Mobile May 23 2013 7:15 PM
- Crime Questions Over Police Response to Murder of N.Y. Gay Man Still Unanswered May 23 2013 7:02 PM