Gay Cop Barred From Pride March
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 07 2011 12:25 PM ET
A gay police officer in California was told by superiors that his request to participate in the West Hollywood Gay Pride Parade was denied because it would bring "discredit" to his department.
The unidentified officer wanted to march in his uniform at this weekend's parade. However, the department responded to his request, in writing, by saying his participation would be a "discredit" to the force, according to TMZ.
He will file an employment discrimination complaint based on the treatment he received from his supervisor.
The officer will be represented by attorney Gloria Allred during a press conference Tuesday at 11 a.m. in Los Angeles.
- Artist Spotlight: Czanara
- Hot Sheet: Guardians and Go-Go Boys
- Michelle Duggar Gets Verdict In Her Quest Against LGBT Ordinance in Ark.
- Michael Lannan's Looking Is More Than Gay Sex and the City
- Love Overshadows Westboro Baptist Church's Plan to Protest Robin Williams Funeral
- Hot Sheet: Demi-Vicious Pride