Gay Cop Barred From Pride March
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 07 2011 11:25 AM ET
A gay police officer in California was told by superiors that his request to participate in the West Hollywood Gay Pride Parade was denied because it would bring "discredit" to his department.
The unidentified officer wanted to march in his uniform at this weekend's parade. However, the department responded to his request, in writing, by saying his participation would be a "discredit" to the force, according to TMZ.
He will file an employment discrimination complaint based on the treatment he received from his supervisor.
The officer will be represented by attorney Gloria Allred during a press conference Tuesday at 11 a.m. in Los Angeles.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Hands Down, the Single Best Quote of 2014
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- Gay Comic Publisher Undaunted by Apple's iBook Censorship