Bachmann Feared Abduction by Lesbian, Ex-Nun
BY Jeffrey Hartinger
June 15 2011 1:50 PM ET
Rep. Michele Bachmann, who is now seeking the Republication presidential nomination, had claimed in 2005 that she was almost abducted by two women in a bathroom, according to The Daily Beast.
The pair consisted of a lesbian and an ex-nun.
At the time of the alleged attempted kidnapping, Bachmann was a state senator from Minnesota and had already started to campaign against LGBT rights. She had previously been caught hiding in the bushes of a gay rights event.
When she refused to speak about gay rights at a constituent forum, the two women encountered Bachmann in the bathroom and questioned her on the subject.
Pamela Arnold, a 5-foot-tall lesbian now in her 50s, began a conversation with the then-senator, when Bachmann screamed out, “Help! I’m being held against my will!”
Arnold stepped aside and opened the door. Bachmann rushed to an SUV waiting outside and shortly after, filed a police report stating that she was “absolutely terrified and has never been terrorized before as she had no idea what the two women were going to do to her.”
No charges were filed in the case, as the Washington County attorney deemed the incident to be a simple conversation between a politician and her constituents.
Bachmann, a vocal adversary of gay rights, has a lesbian stepsister, Helen LaFave. It is reported that the two had a close relationship growing up. Recently, LaFave and her same–sex partner of 20 years attended one of Bachmann’s anti-gay rallies in Minnesota.
In addition to her crusade against LGBT equality, she and her husband, Marcus Bachmann, own a Christian counseling practice in Minnesota.
- Acceptance Matters WATCH: We Wish Every Coming Out Got a Hug-a-Thon 8 min 26 sec ago
- Marriage Equality Antigay Think Tank Could Use a Copy Editor 12 min 40 sec ago
- Television WATCH: The Super Trailer for RuPaul's Drag Race Season 6 1 hour 2 min ago
- The Wedding Channel PHOTOS: Brazilian Couples Get Married En Masse 2 hours 11 min ago
- Entertainment News Musto: Tom Daley & Maria Bello Are Bi, Get Used To It 10:00 AM
- Television WATCH: The 12 Gayest Holiday Spectaculars Ever! 7:00 AM
- Comedy Op-ed: What I Didn't Learn in Catholic School 6:00 AM