10 Reasons to Lay Off Lady Gaga
BY Jeremy Kinser
July 06 2011 7:00 AM ET
The Other First Lady
In one weekend in October 2009, Lady Gaga walked alongside thousands in the National March for Equality, addressed the crowd, and received a standing ovation for performing John Lennon's "Imagine" at the annual Human Rights Campaign dinner. So strong was her impact that President Obama joked that he was her opening act. Watch video below.
- Leslie Jordan Banishes Antigay Starbucks Patrons: 'Get Out of My House!'
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- WATCH: Daily Show Correspondent Takes on Antigay Ark. Pastor
- Living Trans, From Iran to New York City
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- Op-ed: What I Learned From My High School's Gay English Teacher