10 Reasons to Lay Off Lady Gaga
BY Jeremy Kinser
July 06 2011 7:00 AM ET
Equality, Party of Five
Sure, for some Gaga's appearance at the 2010 MTV Video Music Awards will likely be remembered as the night she unveiled her infamous raw-meat dress and asked presenter Cher to hold her meat purse (the chutzpah!). However, it was also the evening Gaga, nominated for 13 awards, turned her arrival into a platform for the repeal of "don't ask, don't tell" by choosing as her escorts four service members who'd resigned or been discharged for being gay.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- WATCH: Straight Dad Punched For Calling Out Woman's Antigay Slurs
- Op-ed: Gay Voice Is Ruining Lives
- Has Gaga Lost the Gays?
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- As Support for North Carolina's Equal Marriage Grows, Voters Want to Weigh in