10 Reasons to Lay Off Lady Gaga
BY Jeremy Kinser
July 06 2011 7:00 AM ET
Equality, Party of Five
Sure, for some Gaga's appearance at the 2010 MTV Video Music Awards will likely be remembered as the night she unveiled her infamous raw-meat dress and asked presenter Cher to hold her meat purse (the chutzpah!). However, it was also the evening Gaga, nominated for 13 awards, turned her arrival into a platform for the repeal of "don't ask, don't tell" by choosing as her escorts four service members who'd resigned or been discharged for being gay.
- WATCH: This Indiana Pizzeria Won't Cater Gay Weddings
- More Celebs Tweet Off on Indiana
- An Open Letter from a Transgender Rabbi to Trans Teens Everywhere
- WATCH: Conan's Hilarious Interview With Indiana's 'Religious Freedom Czar'
- WATCH: Seth Meyers Takes Down Indiana's New Antigay Legislation
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion