10 Reasons to Lay Off Lady Gaga
BY Jeremy Kinser
July 06 2011 6:00 AM ET
Equality, Party of Five
Sure, for some Gaga's appearance at the 2010 MTV Video Music Awards will likely be remembered as the night she unveiled her infamous raw-meat dress and asked presenter Cher to hold her meat purse (the chutzpah!). However, it was also the evening Gaga, nominated for 13 awards, turned her arrival into a platform for the repeal of "don't ask, don't tell" by choosing as her escorts four service members who'd resigned or been discharged for being gay.
- Artist Spotlight: Carlos Barahona Possollo
- Alabama Probate Judges Association: We 'Cannot Legally' Issue Marriage Licenses to Gay Couples
- WATCH: George Takei Parodies TLC's My Husband’s Not Gay
- WATCH: Rachel Maddow Skewers Bobby Jindal Prayer Rally
- Mormon Missionary Positions
- Patrick Stewart: 'Supporting Gay Rights Is Natural'