10 Reasons to Lay Off Lady Gaga
BY Jeremy Kinser
July 06 2011 7:00 AM ET
A conservatively attired Gaga (a star-spangled tie was her sole flourish) delivered her self-penned rousing, now-legendary speech before thousands of activists in Maine. The rally was organized by the Washington-based Servicemembers Legal Defense Network to pressure Republican senators Olympia Snowe and Susan Collins of Maine to vote for repeal of the "don't ask, don't tell" policy. "Equality is the prime rib of what we stand for as a nation," Gaga stated. "And I don’t get to enjoy the greatest cut of meat that my country has to offer." Watch video below.
- Out NYC Owners Call Gays 'Cheap,' 'Entitled' In Disastrous Interview
- 9 Celebs Who Learned the Hard Way the T-Word Is Over
- Could National Marriage Equality Mean the End of Gay Culture?
- Op-ed: When Right vs. Left Becomes Right vs. Wrong
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50, 3rd Edition
- Argentina Makes History With Three-Parent Birth Certificate