10 Reasons to Lay Off Lady Gaga
BY Jeremy Kinser
July 06 2011 7:00 AM ET
A conservatively attired Gaga (a star-spangled tie was her sole flourish) delivered her self-penned rousing, now-legendary speech before thousands of activists in Maine. The rally was organized by the Washington-based Servicemembers Legal Defense Network to pressure Republican senators Olympia Snowe and Susan Collins of Maine to vote for repeal of the "don't ask, don't tell" policy. "Equality is the prime rib of what we stand for as a nation," Gaga stated. "And I don’t get to enjoy the greatest cut of meat that my country has to offer." Watch video below.
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- Ex-BYU Student Assaulted, Evicted After Coming Out