10 Reasons to Lay Off Lady Gaga
BY Jeremy Kinser
July 06 2011 7:00 AM ET
Love to Hate You
The entertainer knew she'd hit the big time when she was confronted by posters that read "God Hates Lady Gaga," the work of the creativity-challenged members of the virulently antigay Westboro Baptist Church, who were determined to picket Gaga's St. Louis concert. Gaga urged her little monsters to not engage the haters in conversation and in a note posted on Facebook told fans they should "feel gratitude in your heart that you are not burdened or addicted to hate, as they are." Watch video below.
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- Poised for Perfection: Sgt. Shane Ortega Puts a Face to the Transgender Military Ban
- New Report Underlines Savage Inequalities Faced by LGBT Americans
- Surprising No One, Texas State Senate Reaffirms Opposition to Marriage Equality
- 15 Queer Documentaries That Helped Define Us