Daniel Hernandez Throws First Pitch for All-Star Game
BY Michelle Garcia
July 13 2011 1:45 PM ET
Daniel Hernandez, the openly gay intern for Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, threw out the ceremonial first pitch at Tuesday's MLB All-Star game in Phoenix, Ariz.
Hernandez also threw the first pitch at a Nationals game in Washington, D.C. in June.
Preparing for his appearance on the Diamondback's pitchers mound,
Hernandez told Fox News that he had been practicing his pitch with
another Capitol Hill colleague. On Tuesday, he shared the spotlight with former major league catcher Joe Garagiola Sr.
The National League beat the American League 5-1, giving them the home field advantage in the World Series this fall.
Read the full story here.
- Meet the 2013 Point Foundation Scholars
- Martina Navratilova Blasts Russian Antigay Law
- PHOTOS: Marry Me in Maine
- Advocate.com | Gay News | The Advocate | The World's Leading Source for LGBT News and Entertainment
- Republican Wants Right to Fire LGBT Employees Who 'Work in a Tutu'
- Op-ed: How Animated Shows Like Futurama Can Unite Us All
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Travel Drag Racing in Jerusalem 1 hour 47 min ago
- Entertainment News Should Brazil Legalize 'Conversion' Therapy? 2 hours 9 min ago
- World News Liberal Australian MP Crosses Aisle In Support of LGBT Nondiscrimination 2 hours 21 min ago
- Women WATCH: Hot Lesbians Don Cowboy Hats, Chaps and Spurs for Cowgirl Up 2 hours 34 min ago
- Pride PHOTOS: Marry Me in Maine 2 hours 49 min ago
- World News Brazil Lawmakers Legalize 'Ex-Gay' Therapy 2 hours 53 min ago
- Sports Navratilova Blasts Russian Antigay Law 2 hours 58 min ago