You Decide: The Biggest Homophobes in Sports
BY Michelle Garcia
July 14 2011 1:35 PM ET
Out magazine is scouring the Web to figure out who is the biggest antigay jerk in modern sports. Is it pro wrestler John Cena, who made a pretty weak Brokeback Mountain joke, or Australian Olympic swimmer Stephanie Rice, who, after a competition, decided to call the losing team a gay slur on Twitter? Perhaps it was Luiz Felipe Scolari, manager of the Brazilian national soccer team, who said, "If I found out that one of my players was gay, I would throw him off the team."
Go to Out.com to vote on your least-liked homophobe of sports.
- Iowa Couple Plans 1,000 Antigay Billboards
- Op-ed: Why I Unfriended My Mother
- Texas Gay Man, 32, Dies in Custody After Being Denied Medication
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- Leslie Jordan: I Threw 'Sweet Iced Tea, Not Coffee' in Starbucks Fight
- Texas Rep.: Strand Gays on an Island, See What Happens