Gay Puppets to Wed in NYC Sunday
BY Winston Gieseke
July 21 2011 6:25 PM ET
Producers of the Tony Award-winning musical Avenue Q have announced that Rod and Ricky, the gay male puppets who have fallen for each other onstage 3,267 times since the show’s opening in 2003, will line up at New York’s City Hall July 24 to make their union legal.
Playbill reports that after taking their vows, the couple, who have released their engagement photo to the media, will “race back to the theatre district for the 3 p.m. matinee performance of Avenue Q at New World Stages.”
“To have this finally happen for us — especially so soon after Will and Kate — is unbelievable to me,” Rod said in a statement. “I realize there are a lot of broken hearts out there now that Ricky and I are off the market — step back, all you chorus boys! — but I’ve known since day one that Ricky is the husband for me. He’s the furry fellow I want to spend my life with both on and off the stage.”
Read more here.
- Fred Phelps Ex-Communicated and Near Death?
- Billy Graham's Son: Obama Could Learn from Putin's Homophobia
- Artist Spotlight: Hernan Marina
- Boston Mayor Snubs Homophobic St. Patrick's Day Parade
- Op-ed: The Lasting Impact of Out TV Teens on LGBT Youth
- WATCH: Rachel Maddow Blasts Critics of Obama's Funny or Die Interview
- Military Boston Mayor Snubs Homophobic St. Patrick's Day Parade March 16 2014 5:34 PM
- Religion Fred Phelps Ex-Communicated and Near Death? March 16 2014 1:41 PM
- Arts & Entertainment Madonna... in Game of Thrones? March 16 2014 1:12 PM
- Travel WATCH: Planes Battle Birmingham, England's Tail Winds March 15 2014 9:11 PM
- Religion Billy Graham's Son: Obama Could Learn from Putin's Homophobia March 15 2014 7:41 PM
- Television WATCH: Out Rapper Le1f on Letterman March 15 2014 2:59 PM
- People WATCH: The Strong Bond Between Straight Women and Gay Men March 15 2014 2:52 PM