Gay Puppets to Wed in NYC Sunday
BY Winston Gieseke
July 21 2011 6:25 PM ET
Producers of the Tony Award-winning musical Avenue Q have announced that Rod and Ricky, the gay male puppets who have fallen for each other onstage 3,267 times since the show’s opening in 2003, will line up at New York’s City Hall July 24 to make their union legal.
Playbill reports that after taking their vows, the couple, who have released their engagement photo to the media, will “race back to the theatre district for the 3 p.m. matinee performance of Avenue Q at New World Stages.”
“To have this finally happen for us — especially so soon after Will and Kate — is unbelievable to me,” Rod said in a statement. “I realize there are a lot of broken hearts out there now that Ricky and I are off the market — step back, all you chorus boys! — but I’ve known since day one that Ricky is the husband for me. He’s the furry fellow I want to spend my life with both on and off the stage.”
Read more here.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Arts & Entertainment Week in Beef: Ben Cohen, Frank Ocean, Hugh Jackman, and More Shirtless Celebs May 19 2013 6:02 PM
- Sports Griner: Baylor Coach Enforced Closet Policy May 19 2013 5:59 PM
- Politicians Gay Activists Interrupt Marco Rubio Speech May 19 2013 2:03 PM
- Hate-crimes WATCH: Vigil for Hate Crime Victim Mark Carson May 19 2013 1:01 PM
- Comedy WATCH: The Cure for Gay Wedding-Related Depression May 19 2013 12:39 PM
- Television WATCH: Did Stefon Marry Seth Meyers or Anderson Cooper? May 19 2013 12:32 PM
- Crime Gay Man Gunned Down in NYC Street, Dies UPDATED: May 18 2013 7:24 PM