Marcus Bachmann Shoves Don Lemon at Campaign Event
BY Julie Bolcer
August 13 2011 10:50 AM ET
CNN anchor Don Lemon reports that members of the campaign team for Rep. Michele Bachmann, including her husband, Marcus Bachmann, shoved him after an event for the candidate in Des Moines on Friday.
According to CNN, Lemon and another reporter from the network were among a ring of press and supporters that surrounded Bachmann after she spoke briefly at the Iowa State Fair and tried to make her way to a drive cart to exit.
“As both CNN staffers tried to question Bachmann, Lemon said he was pushed by two members of Bachmann’s staff,” reports CNN. “Lemon also said that Marcus Bachmann, the congresswoman’s husband, pushed him.”
As the clip below indicates, the gay anchor tried to ask Bachmann respectful questions about her debate performance Thursday and her expectations for the Ames Straw Poll, which takes place today.
Lemon said afterward, “I told them, asked them not to elbow me. And then her husband, Marcus, started doing the same thing. And then he elbowed me into the cart. And I said, ‘You just pushed me into the cart.’ And he goes, ‘No, you did it yourself.’”
The Bachmann campaign maintains they were trying to keep the candidate safe.
Watch the report from CNN.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Women Kaitlyn Hunt Refuses Plea, Heads to Court Over Same-Sex High School Relationship 2 min 47 sec ago
- Politics Ukrainian LGBT Pride Event Blocked 18 min 59 sec ago
- Sports MMA Fighter in First Fight Since Revealing Gender Transition 51 min 19 sec ago
- Women Op-Ed: Remembering Sakia Gunn: the News Coverage and Homophobic Murder 1 hour 23 min ago
- Politics Puerto Rico House Approves Antidiscrimination Bill 1 hour 32 min ago
- Entertainment News Week in Geek: Star Trek Actor Gets Wet and Naked, Justice League, and More 2 hours 20 min ago
- Activism Multimedia Project Addresses LGBT Rights Among Palestinians 2 hours 45 min ago