Plan to Change Adolf Hitler's Sex Uncovered in New Book
BY Jeremy Kinser
August 16 2011 8:05 PM ET
A bizarre plot to secretly feed estrogen to Adolf Hitler in order to make him less aggressive has been revealed in a new book, reports U.K. paper Daily Mail.
Secret Weapons: Technology, Science and the Race to Win World War II by Brian Ford will be published September 20 and details many such far-fetched plans to bring an early end to World War II. According to Ford, estrogen was discussed because it was tasteless and its slow and subtle effects wouldn't have been noticed by Hitler's food testers.
"Research had showed the importance of sex hormones — they were beginning to be used in sex therapy in London," Ford says. "The Allies hoped to smuggle estrogen into Hitler’s food and change his sex so he would become more feminine and less aggressive. ... They affected you only if you took them for months on end, so no one would have realized the hormones were in the food."
Ford considers the idea plausible and claims that British spies were already in place and poised to carry out the plot. The paper reports that the unusual plots by Allies to win the war "have only now come to light after the publication of documents never previously seen because of their sensitive nature."
Hitler would commit suicide by gunshot on April 30, 1945, in his bunker in Berlin.
- New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families
- WATCH: Kaitlyn Hunt Rejects Plea Deal, Girlfriend's Parents Say They Had No Choice
- Op-ed: Democrats Throw Queers Under the Bus—Again
- Robbie Rogers Becomes First Openly Gay Major League Soccer Player
- WATCH: It Already Got Better for This Colorado Student
- Artist Spotlight: Christopher Sousa
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Television Jason Collins Calls It a 'Slam-Dunk!' and More Fake Gay Reviews for Behind the Candelabra May 25 2013 6:30 PM
- Food and Drink Want to Eat a Hot Dog Named After Harvey Fierstein? May 25 2013 5:53 PM
- Marriage Equality French Marriage Equality Opponent 'Very Scared' Of Right-Wing Backlash May 25 2013 3:02 PM
- Entertainment News Augusten Burroughs Shows Off Wedding Rings May 25 2013 1:56 PM
- Women WATCH: Kaitlyn Hunt Rejects Plea, Victim's Parents Speak May 25 2013 1:21 PM
- Washington D.C. White House to Host Pride Reception June 13 May 25 2013 12:44 PM
- Politics Virginia's Lt. Gov. Nominee Says Gays Are 'Ikky' May 25 2013 12:35 PM