Plan to Change Adolf Hitler's Sex Uncovered in New Book
BY Jeremy Kinser
August 16 2011 8:05 PM ET
A bizarre plot to secretly feed estrogen to Adolf Hitler in order to make him less aggressive has been revealed in a new book, reports U.K. paper Daily Mail.
Secret Weapons: Technology, Science and the Race to Win World War II by Brian Ford will be published September 20 and details many such far-fetched plans to bring an early end to World War II. According to Ford, estrogen was discussed because it was tasteless and its slow and subtle effects wouldn't have been noticed by Hitler's food testers.
"Research had showed the importance of sex hormones — they were beginning to be used in sex therapy in London," Ford says. "The Allies hoped to smuggle estrogen into Hitler’s food and change his sex so he would become more feminine and less aggressive. ... They affected you only if you took them for months on end, so no one would have realized the hormones were in the food."
Ford considers the idea plausible and claims that British spies were already in place and poised to carry out the plot. The paper reports that the unusual plots by Allies to win the war "have only now come to light after the publication of documents never previously seen because of their sensitive nature."
Hitler would commit suicide by gunshot on April 30, 1945, in his bunker in Berlin.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- WATCH: Rachel Maddow Smacks Down States Resisting Marriage Equality
- Yet Another Court Tells Bobby Jindal to Issue Marriage Licenses
- Kentucky County Clerk Sued Over Denial of Marriage Licenses
- The World Is Finally Ready For the Lost Recordings of '70s Gay Rockers Smokey