Plan to Change Adolf Hitler's Sex Uncovered in New Book
BY Jeremy Kinser
August 16 2011 8:05 PM ET
A bizarre plot to secretly feed estrogen to Adolf Hitler in order to make him less aggressive has been revealed in a new book, reports U.K. paper Daily Mail.
Secret Weapons: Technology, Science and the Race to Win World War II by Brian Ford will be published September 20 and details many such far-fetched plans to bring an early end to World War II. According to Ford, estrogen was discussed because it was tasteless and its slow and subtle effects wouldn't have been noticed by Hitler's food testers.
"Research had showed the importance of sex hormones — they were beginning to be used in sex therapy in London," Ford says. "The Allies hoped to smuggle estrogen into Hitler’s food and change his sex so he would become more feminine and less aggressive. ... They affected you only if you took them for months on end, so no one would have realized the hormones were in the food."
Ford considers the idea plausible and claims that British spies were already in place and poised to carry out the plot. The paper reports that the unusual plots by Allies to win the war "have only now come to light after the publication of documents never previously seen because of their sensitive nature."
Hitler would commit suicide by gunshot on April 30, 1945, in his bunker in Berlin.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Entertainment News Seen at TrevorLIVE: Jane Lynch, Billy Porter, Cason Crane, Cindy McCain 2 hours 40 min ago
- Women Where the Girls Are in West Hollywood June 18 2013 8:09 PM
- The Wedding Channel EXCLUSIVE: Kim Stolz & Lexi Ritsch Wedding Photos June 18 2013 7:46 PM
- The Wedding Channel PHOTOS: A Mass Wedding First in Maryland June 18 2013 6:24 PM
- Entertainment News How To Take Down An Anti-Gay 'Victim' June 18 2013 6:06 PM
- Arts & Entertainment PHOTOS: Perez Hilton Vs. Inflatable Alligator June 18 2013 6:00 PM
- Entertainment News One Direction: Caught Twerking—and in Calvins June 18 2013 5:44 PM