George Michael: "It's Time to Be Honest"
BY Jeremy Kinser
August 22 2011 7:40 PM ET
George Michael reveals that he split from longtime partner Kenny Goss more than two years ago, due at least partly to Goss’s struggle with alcohol addiction, according to Access Hollywood.
“Kenny and I haven’t been together for two and a half years,” Michael announced to the audience during the opening night of his Symphonica tour. “It’s time to be honest.”
Michael had previously denied reports the two had split as recently as March. “My love life has has been a lot more turbulent than I’ve let on,” he said Monday. “This man has brought me a lot of joy and a lot of pain.” The 48-year-old singer then dedicated a new song titled “Where I Hope You Are” to Goss.
- Another Gay Man Attacked in New York City
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
- Op-ed: Religion Shouldn't Be an Excuse for Discrimination
- Florida Teen Facing Sex Offender Charge For Consensual Same-Sex Relationship
- WATCH: Ben Affleck and SNL Crew Go to Ex-Gay Camp
- WATCH: The Cure for Gay Wedding-Related Depression
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Commentary Why it's Time to Stop Stigmatizing Haitians 5 min 47 sec ago
- Health and Treatments Is There Such a Thing as HIV-Negative AIDS? 8 min 27 sec ago
- Religion Church of Scotland to Allow Gay Ministers 20 min 16 sec ago
- The Wedding Channel These Grooms Met Because of a Big Blue Dog 23 min 48 sec ago
- Crime Another Gay Man Attacked in New York City 26 min 22 sec ago
- Women Evan Rachel Wood, Anne Rice, Join Calls to 'Save Kate' 28 min 57 sec ago
- Women Shot of the Day: Jennifer Lawrence Buxom and Blue for X-Men 30 min 3 sec ago