Victoria Jackson: Is Homosexuality a Sin?
BY Jeremy Kinser
August 23 2011 2:20 PM ET
Former Saturday Night Live cast member turned Tea Party activist
Victoria Jackson interviews a Christian "ex-gay" couple on her Internet
show, asking whether a person can come out of "that lifestyle" and if
homosexuality is a sin, among other provocative questions.
Jackson met the couple, Edward and Jessica, who have been married two years, at her church. Both discuss feeling that unhappy or unstable childhoods led to what they perceive as confusion about their sexual orientation. Jessica said she lived as a lesbian from age 18 to 27 until she "met Jesus Christ."
Jackson, or Vicky, as she calls herself on air, then asks if "homosexuality people" are "born that way as Lady Gaga sings or is it a choice?" Edward answers neither, saying, "There's no gay gene; babies aren't born gay."
Jackson is no stranger to homophobic confusion, having previously described a kiss between Glee actors Chris Colfer and Darren Criss as "sickening."
Watch the interview with Edward and Jessica below.
- Holiday Guide: Shop Here, Not There
- WATCH: Jared Leto on Avoiding Trans Character 'Cliché' for 'Dallas Buyers Club'
- New Celeb Couple: Dustin Lance Black and Tom Daley
- Op-ed: Straight Teen Girls Can Change the World
- Gay News, LGBT Rights, Politics, Entertainment | The Advocate
- Bringing Diversity to the Digital Realm
- Women WATCH: Lesbian-Themed Web Series 'Kelsey' - Kelsey Gets All Kinds of Action December 04 2013 8:27 PM
- Travel Out Traveler Awards: Best Cruise Line? December 04 2013 7:42 PM
- Society Making LGBT Spirits Bright This Holiday Season December 04 2013 7:41 PM
- Women PHOTOS: Oxford University's Women's Rugby Club Bares All for Charity December 04 2013 7:25 PM
- Entertainment News Bill Hader Wanted Stefon's Goodbye to Be Emotional December 04 2013 4:50 PM
- Women 13 Reasons to Let AHS: Coven Cast A Spell on You -- in GIFs December 04 2013 4:36 PM
- Sports You Can Play and NFL Team Up With LGBT Youth December 04 2013 3:37 PM