Victoria Jackson: Is Homosexuality a Sin?
BY Jeremy Kinser
August 23 2011 3:20 PM ET
Former Saturday Night Live cast member turned Tea Party activist
Victoria Jackson interviews a Christian "ex-gay" couple on her Internet
show, asking whether a person can come out of "that lifestyle" and if
homosexuality is a sin, among other provocative questions.
Jackson met the couple, Edward and Jessica, who have been married two years, at her church. Both discuss feeling that unhappy or unstable childhoods led to what they perceive as confusion about their sexual orientation. Jessica said she lived as a lesbian from age 18 to 27 until she "met Jesus Christ."
Jackson, or Vicky, as she calls herself on air, then asks if "homosexuality people" are "born that way as Lady Gaga sings or is it a choice?" Edward answers neither, saying, "There's no gay gene; babies aren't born gay."
Jackson is no stranger to homophobic confusion, having previously described a kiss between Glee actors Chris Colfer and Darren Criss as "sickening."
Watch the interview with Edward and Jessica below.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Op-ed: What Happened When President Obama Met Two Trans Service Members
- Texas Pastor Who Threatened to Set Himself Aflame Now 'Loves' Gays
- WATCH: Mississippi Clerk Refuses to Wed Gay Couples, Quits After 24 Years
- Why Is the Duggar Family Paying the Cops Investigating Them?