Video Game Allows Same-Sex Marriage: "Not a Huge Deal"
BY Jeremy Kinser
August 26 2011 2:15 PM ET
Same-sex marriage is allowed in the world of the video game The Elder Scrolls V. Skyrim, but the creators are not making a "huge deal out of it."
Escapist magazine reports the game's publicist Pete Himes released the information via Twitter. When someone remarked, "The subject seems hush hush," Hines replied, "Not hush hush, just not making a huge deal out of it. You can marry anyone."
He later tweeted, "Sorry, should clarify. Not any NPC, just mean any male or female. Doesn't matter what you're playing."
Skyrim will be released on PC, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3 on November 11.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Texas Pastor Who Threatened to Set Himself Aflame Now 'Loves' Gays
- WATCH: Mississippi Clerk Refuses to Wed Gay Couples, Quits After 24 Years
- George Takei Takes on Clarence Thomas and Donald Trump (and Wins!)
- PHOTOS: A Global Pride Explosion