Bachmann on Natural Disasters, Divine Intervention
August 29 2011 8:30 AM ET
The one-two punch of natural disasters causing extensive damage and rattling East Coast nerves over the past week has divine underpinnings — and political implications, according to presidential candidate Rep. Michele Bachmann.
“I don't know how much God has to do to get the attention of the politicians,” Bachmann said during a campaign appearance over the weekend in Sarasota, Fla., the St. Petersburg Times reports.
“We've had an earthquake; we've had a hurricane,” Bachmann said. “He said, 'Are you going to start listening to me here?' Listen to the American people, because the American people are roaring right now. They know government is on a morbid obesity diet and we've got to rein in the spending.”
Read the story here.
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law