Bachmann on Natural Disasters, Divine Intervention
August 29 2011 8:30 AM ET
The one-two punch of natural disasters causing extensive damage and rattling East Coast nerves over the past week has divine underpinnings — and political implications, according to presidential candidate Rep. Michele Bachmann.
“I don't know how much God has to do to get the attention of the politicians,” Bachmann said during a campaign appearance over the weekend in Sarasota, Fla., the St. Petersburg Times reports.
“We've had an earthquake; we've had a hurricane,” Bachmann said. “He said, 'Are you going to start listening to me here?' Listen to the American people, because the American people are roaring right now. They know government is on a morbid obesity diet and we've got to rein in the spending.”
Read the story here.
- New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families
- WATCH: What Happens When a Gay Boy Scout Comes Out to His Camp Leader
- Boy Scouts Vote to End Discrimination Against Gay Youth
- Ugandan LGBT Activists Arrested While Protesting Media Censorship
- Nevada Takes Another Step Toward Marriage Equality
- Transgender High School Senior Skips Graduation Over School's Transphobic Policy
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Current Issue Meet the New Voice for Dallas 1 hour 20 min ago
- Books New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families May 23 2013 8:17 PM
- Commentary Op-ed: Boy Scouts Must Complete the Inclusion Process May 23 2013 7:32 PM
- Sports Gay Athletes Hop Aboard the Condom Mobile May 23 2013 7:15 PM
- Crime Questions Over Police Response to Murder of N.Y. Gay Man Still Unanswered May 23 2013 7:02 PM
- Marriage Equality Nevada Takes Another Step Toward Marriage Equality May 23 2013 6:41 PM
- Youth Boy Scouts Vote to End Discrimination Against Gay Youth May 23 2013 6:22 PM