Bachmann on Natural Disasters, Divine Intervention
August 29 2011 8:30 AM ET
The one-two punch of natural disasters causing extensive damage and rattling East Coast nerves over the past week has divine underpinnings — and political implications, according to presidential candidate Rep. Michele Bachmann.
“I don't know how much God has to do to get the attention of the politicians,” Bachmann said during a campaign appearance over the weekend in Sarasota, Fla., the St. Petersburg Times reports.
“We've had an earthquake; we've had a hurricane,” Bachmann said. “He said, 'Are you going to start listening to me here?' Listen to the American people, because the American people are roaring right now. They know government is on a morbid obesity diet and we've got to rein in the spending.”
Read the story here.
- Meet the Same-Sex Couple Who Made Dodger Stadium Swoon
- WATCH: You’ll Cry When You See What Happened During That Gay-Straight Prom Date
- WATCH: Dodger Stadium Reacts to Same-Sex Couple on Kiss Cam
- WATCH: The 8 Most Hateful Things Texas Lawmakers Said Monday
- Op-ed: 5 Reasons Men's Health Needs a Trans Man On The Cover
- WATCH: Texas B&B Boots Gay Couple, Gets Banned From Airbnb