Bachmann on Natural Disasters, Divine Intervention
August 29 2011 7:30 AM ET
The one-two punch of natural disasters causing extensive damage and rattling East Coast nerves over the past week has divine underpinnings — and political implications, according to presidential candidate Rep. Michele Bachmann.
“I don't know how much God has to do to get the attention of the politicians,” Bachmann said during a campaign appearance over the weekend in Sarasota, Fla., the St. Petersburg Times reports.
“We've had an earthquake; we've had a hurricane,” Bachmann said. “He said, 'Are you going to start listening to me here?' Listen to the American people, because the American people are roaring right now. They know government is on a morbid obesity diet and we've got to rein in the spending.”
Read the story here.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Freddy Krave Is His Own Best Model
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View