Bachmann on Natural Disasters, Divine Intervention
August 29 2011 7:30 AM ET
The one-two punch of natural disasters causing extensive damage and rattling East Coast nerves over the past week has divine underpinnings — and political implications, according to presidential candidate Rep. Michele Bachmann.
“I don't know how much God has to do to get the attention of the politicians,” Bachmann said during a campaign appearance over the weekend in Sarasota, Fla., the St. Petersburg Times reports.
“We've had an earthquake; we've had a hurricane,” Bachmann said. “He said, 'Are you going to start listening to me here?' Listen to the American people, because the American people are roaring right now. They know government is on a morbid obesity diet and we've got to rein in the spending.”
Read the story here.
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return 1 hour 12 min ago
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith 4:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 7:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 7:25 PM
- Marriage Equality Here's The Most Absurd Thing You Missed in Michigan's Marriage Equality Trial March 07 2014 7:20 PM
- Uganda As Aid Cuts Continue, Ugandan Officials Not Concerned March 07 2014 6:57 PM
- Religion Fired Gay Administrator Sues Wash. Catholic School March 07 2014 6:55 PM