Troy Aikman Might Get Violent Over Gay Rumor
BY Winston Gieseke
September 01 2011 1:55 PM ET
Former Dallas Cowboys quarterback Troy Aikman is so sore at sportswriter Skip Bayless for speculating about his sexuality that he just might have to sock him.
In a book published in 1996, Bayless, a former Dallas sports columnist who’s now a commentator for ESPN, famously speculated that Aikman might be gay. When asked about the incident this week by Dan McDowell during an appearance on Dallas radio station The Ticket, Aikman made it clear that he’s still peeved.
"When a guy like that comes out and, whether it's intimated or stated, and there's no substance to that claim, and he's doing it purely to gain interest in a book, that's a problem," Aikman told McDowell.
"I will tell you this," he continued. "I've not physically seen Skip Bayless since that time. That was in '95. And I still kind of wonder what I might do to him when I do see him."
When McDowell asked if Aiken was implying that he might get physical with Bayless, the divorced-with-kids athlete replied, "Well, I mean, I don't know. I don't know."
Read more here.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- 19 Shows LGBT Viewers Can't Miss This Fall
- Faking It's Michael J. Willett Is the Teen Heartthrob We've Been Waiting For
- Op-ed: My Bi Choice
- Boys Wear Skirts to Class in Protest After School Fines Trans Girl for Wearing Skirt
- Op-ed: Gay Voice Is Ruining Lives