Troy Aikman Might Get Violent Over Gay Rumor
BY Winston Gieseke
September 01 2011 12:55 PM ET
Former Dallas Cowboys quarterback Troy Aikman is so sore at sportswriter Skip Bayless for speculating about his sexuality that he just might have to sock him.
In a book published in 1996, Bayless, a former Dallas sports columnist who’s now a commentator for ESPN, famously speculated that Aikman might be gay. When asked about the incident this week by Dan McDowell during an appearance on Dallas radio station The Ticket, Aikman made it clear that he’s still peeved.
"When a guy like that comes out and, whether it's intimated or stated, and there's no substance to that claim, and he's doing it purely to gain interest in a book, that's a problem," Aikman told McDowell.
"I will tell you this," he continued. "I've not physically seen Skip Bayless since that time. That was in '95. And I still kind of wonder what I might do to him when I do see him."
When McDowell asked if Aiken was implying that he might get physical with Bayless, the divorced-with-kids athlete replied, "Well, I mean, I don't know. I don't know."
Read more here.
- Meet the People Fired for Being LGBT in 2013
- The Advocate's Person of the Year: Pope Francis
- Obama, Biden Won't Be at Olympics
- Pope Removes Hard-Line Marriage Equality Opponent From Vatican Panel
- Baby Coming? Here Are the Top Baby Names of 2013
- Op-ed: What It's Like Being Trans In Military Academies
- Holiday Gifts for Everyone 10 Great Graphic Novel Gifts 1 hour 6 min ago
- Parenting Baby Coming? Here Are the Top Baby Names of 2013 1 hour 50 min ago
- Year in Review Meet the People Fired for Being LGBT in 2013 5:30 AM
- Holiday Gifts for Everyone 12 Excellent Gifts for Those Who Indulge 4:19 AM
- Women WATCH: Gaga & Xtina's Amazing '70s-era Lesbian Duet of "Do What U Want!" 2:04 AM
- Year in Review The Big Ideas of 2013 12:47 AM
- Marriage Equality NOH8 Founders Adam Bouska & Jeff Parshley on Campaign's 5th Anniversary December 17 2013 9:23 PM