Trans Singer Rocks Oz
BY Neal Broverman
September 02 2011 2:30 PM ET
Paige Elliot Phoenix, a 35-year-old transgender man, recently won over the judges on Australia's X Factor reality show.
Phoenix told the three judges, who include former Spice Girl Melanie Brown, about his transition before launching into a rendition of INXS's "Never Tear Us Apart." All three judges lauded Phoenix's performance and voted to bring him back for the show's "boot camp." The singer was then shown Skyping the good news to his girlfriend in San Francisco.
Watch the clip below.
- Donald Trump Takes a Day to Get Up to Speed on Kim Davis
- Westboro Baptist Joins the Anti-Kim Davis Bandwagon But the Reason May Surprise You
- WATCH: Funny or Die Spoofs Kim Davis With Clerks and Recreation
- 20 Southern Decadence Dos and Don'ts
- WATCH: Steve Grand Is Going to Be This Marine's Date to Marine Ball
- Op-ed: It Doesn't Matter How Many Times Kim Davis Was Wed