Trans Singer Rocks Oz
BY Neal Broverman
September 02 2011 2:30 PM ET
Paige Elliot Phoenix, a 35-year-old transgender man, recently won over the judges on Australia's X Factor reality show.
Phoenix told the three judges, who include former Spice Girl Melanie Brown, about his transition before launching into a rendition of INXS's "Never Tear Us Apart." All three judges lauded Phoenix's performance and voted to bring him back for the show's "boot camp." The singer was then shown Skyping the good news to his girlfriend in San Francisco.
Watch the clip below.
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- Arkansas Governor Won't Sign Bill — Yet
- Frankie Grande: Smoking 'Ain't Cute,' Guys
- Ellen's 11 Most Uproarious, April Fool's-Approved Pranks
- Mike Pence 'Abhors' Discrimination? His Record Shows Otherwise
- WATCH: Seth Meyers Takes Down Indiana's New Antigay Legislation