Trans Singer Rocks Oz
BY Neal Broverman
September 02 2011 2:30 PM ET
Paige Elliot Phoenix, a 35-year-old transgender man, recently won over the judges on Australia's X Factor reality show.
Phoenix told the three judges, who include former Spice Girl Melanie Brown, about his transition before launching into a rendition of INXS's "Never Tear Us Apart." All three judges lauded Phoenix's performance and voted to bring him back for the show's "boot camp." The singer was then shown Skyping the good news to his girlfriend in San Francisco.
Watch the clip below.
- Ted Cruz and the Fallout for Fire Island
- Op-ed: What Happened When President Obama Met Two Trans Service Members
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- PHOTOS: Best of Pride
- Out Photographer Slammed for Gay Iwo Jima Re-Creation
- Trans Woman Who Expanded Facebook's Gender Options Banned For Not Using 'Real Name'