Bill Maher Says Being Short Caused Him To Be Bullied
BY Jeremy Kinser
September 30 2011 1:15 PM ET
Bill Maher says that being short caused him to be bullied and ostracized as a kid and encourages viewers to stand up when they see it happening to others.
The host of HBO's Real Time With Bill Maher recalls that besides being beaten up a couple of times, he was often hurt by being separated from the pack and feeling unwelcome as a kid. Maher tells viewers that people have to be taught to be good to others and if he had one thing to do over, he would stand up for other kids being bullied.
Watch Maher's video below.
- WATCH: The Moment Ireland Said 'Yes' to Marriage Equality
- PHOTOS: International Mr. Leather Weekend
- WATCH: Out Musician Mika Shares Video for 'Good Guys,' a Bittersweet Homage to Gay Men
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida