Bill Maher Says Being Short Caused Him To Be Bullied
BY Jeremy Kinser
September 30 2011 1:15 PM ET
Bill Maher says that being short caused him to be bullied and ostracized as a kid and encourages viewers to stand up when they see it happening to others.
The host of HBO's Real Time With Bill Maher recalls that besides being beaten up a couple of times, he was often hurt by being separated from the pack and feeling unwelcome as a kid. Maher tells viewers that people have to be taught to be good to others and if he had one thing to do over, he would stand up for other kids being bullied.
Watch Maher's video below.
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- Arrow and The Flash Stars: It's Time for a Gay Superhero on TV
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'
- WATCH: Seth Meyers Takes Down Indiana's New Antigay Legislation
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers