Bill Maher Says Being Short Caused Him To Be Bullied
BY Jeremy Kinser
September 30 2011 1:15 PM ET
Bill Maher says that being short caused him to be bullied and ostracized as a kid and encourages viewers to stand up when they see it happening to others.
The host of HBO's Real Time With Bill Maher recalls that besides being beaten up a couple of times, he was often hurt by being separated from the pack and feeling unwelcome as a kid. Maher tells viewers that people have to be taught to be good to others and if he had one thing to do over, he would stand up for other kids being bullied.
Watch Maher's video below.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- First Gay Couple to Wed at West Point Turns Tables on Antigay Attacker
- Op-ed: Are Millennials More Racist Than Antigay?
- Jelly Belly Chairman Donates to Anti-Trans Campaign
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series