Male Cheerleader Suspended For Kissing Another Boy
BY Winston Gieseke
October 14 2011 2:15 PM ET
A male high school student from Alice, Tex., says he was booted from the cheerleading squad and suspended from school for kissing a male student on campus.
The young man, who has not been identified, says the kiss was captured by a surveillance camera, which leads him to believe that school official were targeting him because of his sexual orientation.
"They never check cameras for anything unless something is stolen," he told local news channel KRIS 6. "We would be the ones getting caught because I'm sure we were the only ones, sexual orientation-wise, being caught like that."
While the school’s superintendent declined to comment on the incident, the student’s parents say if their son isn’t reinstated to the cheerleading squad, they will take further action.
For more, watch the video below.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Christopher Sousa 7 min 14 sec ago
- Education Theological School Grads Show Support With Rainbow Tassels May 24 2013 8:55 PM
- Technology Want the Worst? Search for 'Gayest' May 24 2013 8:25 PM
- The End of Bullying WATCH: It Already Got Better for This Colorado Student May 24 2013 7:58 PM
- Women Kaitlyn Hunt Refuses Plea, Heads to Court Over Same-Sex High School Relationship May 24 2013 7:48 PM
- Politics Ukrainian LGBT Pride Event Blocked May 24 2013 7:32 PM
- Sports MMA Fighter in First Fight Since Revealing Gender Transition May 24 2013 7:00 PM