Gaga Channels Marilyn For Clinton
BY Jeremy Kinser
October 16 2011 2:05 PM ET
Lady Gaga told former president Bill Clinton that he had given her a Marilyn Monroe moment during last night's concert at the Hollywood Bowl, report Fox News.
"I always wanted to have one, and I was hoping that it didn't involve pills and a strand of pearls," Gaga joked. She was one of a number of musicians who performed at the Bowl as part of an event called "A Decade of Difference: A Concert Celebrating 10 Years of the William J. Clinton Foundation."
Gaga emerged from an all-white treehouse wearing what's described as "a wavy blond hairdo and red lips like Marilyn Monroe, who famously crooned "Happy Birthday, Mr. President" to President John F. Kennedy in 1962." The singer then serenaded Clinton and altered her lyrics to reference him, including turning her hit "Bad Romance" into "Bill Romance."
"I thought, `My God. I get Lady Gaga, and I will have a heart attack celebrating my 65th birthday," Clinton later said. "I am the only person in history who got to be President and then had a post-presidential birthday party attended by both Lady Gaga and the Secretary of State."
The former president's foundation aims to improve global health, strengthen economies worldwide, promote healthier childhoods, as well as protect the environment.
Watch Gaga's performance below.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Women Kaitlyn Hunt's Lawyer: Possible Plea Deal, But No Felony For Same-Sex High School Relationship 14 min 57 sec ago
- Military Donald Rumsfeld Isn't Sure, But Marriage Equality Might Lead to Polygamy 17 min 29 sec ago
- Internet WATCH: The First AIDS Generation in Giant Town Hall 1 hour 2 min ago
- Politics Joe Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Marriage Equality 1 hour 9 min ago
- Travel Peace Corps Recognizes, Respects Same-Sex Couples 2 hours 11 min ago
- Women SheWired Shot of the Day: Chloe Sevigny Absolut-ly Sizzles for Elyxr 2 hours 28 min ago
- Crime Arrest Made in Latest Antigay Attack in NYC 2 hours 39 min ago