Former Ex-gay Leader: There's No Such Thing as Ex-gay
BY Lucas Grindley
October 19 2011 7:05 PM ET
The former proponent of ex-gay gospel, John Smid, visited Chris Matthews on Hardball on Tuesday night to tell his story.
Smid chose to remain married to a woman but concedes he's attracted to men predominately. He is now speaking out, saying he's realized being gay is "intrinsic" and that he's not met anyone whose changed orientations, even while part of Exodus International.
Watch the complete interview.
- Op-ed: The Far-Reaching Consequences of Dating App Racism
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- The 13 Biggest Trolls in Media
- Katelynn on Caitlyn: I Am Cait Through the Eyes of TV's First Trans Reality Star
- Debunking Bill Cosby's Claim He Can Read Women's Desires, Accuser Comes Out As Lesbian