Former Ex-gay Leader: There's No Such Thing as Ex-gay
BY Lucas Grindley
October 19 2011 7:05 PM ET
The former proponent of ex-gay gospel, John Smid, visited Chris Matthews on Hardball on Tuesday night to tell his story.
Smid chose to remain married to a woman but concedes he's attracted to men predominately. He is now speaking out, saying he's realized being gay is "intrinsic" and that he's not met anyone whose changed orientations, even while part of Exodus International.
Watch the complete interview.
- BREAKING: Supreme Court: Kentucky Clerk Must Issue Marriage Licenses
- 5 HIV-Positive Men Give Advice to Their Former Selves
- STUDY: One-Third of Israelis Are Bisexual
- WATCH: Miley Cyrus Features LGBT Youth and Drag Queens in VMA's Closing Number
- Pride at Work Tells HRC: ‘Enough Is Enough’
- Ellen DeGeneres and Gap Launch New Clothing Line for Girls That Challenges Stereotypes