Former Ex-gay Leader: There's No Such Thing as Ex-gay
BY Lucas Grindley
October 19 2011 7:05 PM ET
The former proponent of ex-gay gospel, John Smid, visited Chris Matthews on Hardball on Tuesday night to tell his story.
Smid chose to remain married to a woman but concedes he's attracted to men predominately. He is now speaking out, saying he's realized being gay is "intrinsic" and that he's not met anyone whose changed orientations, even while part of Exodus International.
Watch the complete interview.
- 14 Stunning Photos of LGBT Military Personnel
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- 6 Last-Minute Exercises for the Perfect Gay Beach Bod
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida