Former Ex-gay Leader: There's No Such Thing as Ex-gay
BY Lucas Grindley
October 19 2011 7:05 PM ET
The former proponent of ex-gay gospel, John Smid, visited Chris Matthews on Hardball on Tuesday night to tell his story.
Smid chose to remain married to a woman but concedes he's attracted to men predominately. He is now speaking out, saying he's realized being gay is "intrinsic" and that he's not met anyone whose changed orientations, even while part of Exodus International.
Watch the complete interview.
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- Girl Scouts Raise $100,000 in One Day After Dropping Transphobic Donor
- Tennessee Hardware Store Puts Up 'No Gays Allowed' Sign
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- He Went There: Antigay Judge Roy Moore Compares Marriage Equality to Holocaust
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality