Former Ex-gay Leader: There's No Such Thing as Ex-gay
BY Lucas Grindley
October 19 2011 7:05 PM ET
The former proponent of ex-gay gospel, John Smid, visited Chris Matthews on Hardball on Tuesday night to tell his story.
Smid chose to remain married to a woman but concedes he's attracted to men predominately. He is now speaking out, saying he's realized being gay is "intrinsic" and that he's not met anyone whose changed orientations, even while part of Exodus International.
Watch the complete interview.
- Op-ed: I'm a Gay Guy at a Christian College
- Our Favorite Colbert Moments
- WATCH: Antigay Activists Arrested at Canadian University
- RuPaul's Drag Race, Logo TV Apologize for Transphobic Slur
- Finnish Postal Service Will Release Tom of Finland Stamps
- Arizona Activist Found Guilty of 'Walking While Trans'