Former Ex-gay Leader: There's No Such Thing as Ex-gay
BY Lucas Grindley
October 19 2011 6:05 PM ET
The former proponent of ex-gay gospel, John Smid, visited Chris Matthews on Hardball on Tuesday night to tell his story.
Smid chose to remain married to a woman but concedes he's attracted to men predominately. He is now speaking out, saying he's realized being gay is "intrinsic" and that he's not met anyone whose changed orientations, even while part of Exodus International.
Watch the complete interview.
- Holiday Guide: Shop Here, Not There
- WATCH: Rep. Polis's Epic Blowup on House Floor Over Immigration
- WATCH: Colo. Baker Who Refused Gay Wedding Cake Appears In Court
- New York Officials Demand Olympic Sponsors Take Action
- Op-ed: Stop Judging Tom Daley and Dustin Lance Black
- Is The GOP Discriminating Against Its Gay Candidates?
- HIV & AIDS Nelson Mandela, HIV Advocate and Humanitarian, Dies at 95 16 min 37 sec ago
- Books Morrisey's Gay Relationship Scrubbed From U.S. Edition of Autobiography 33 min 19 sec ago
- World News Nelson Mandela, Humanitarian and HIV Advocate, Dies at 95 35 min 6 sec ago
- Women Toni Braxton's Dream Role Is to Play Lesbian on Orange Is the New Black 36 min 16 sec ago
- Entertainment News Sam Champion Receives Emotional Send-Off From Good Morning America 1 hour 6 min ago
- Style Model Watch: Learn How To Charm The Camera With Marc Buckner 1 hour 37 min ago
- News New York Officials Demand Olympic Sponsors Take Action 2 hours 9 min ago