Baltimore Ravens Player Makes Marriage Equality Video
BY Julie Bolcer
October 21 2011 11:50 AM ET
Baltimore Ravens player Brendon Ayanbadejo, who has already expressed support for marriage equality, has made a video for the Marylanders for Marriage Equality campaign.
The Baltimore Sun reports on the video released Friday. In the 30-second spot, the linebacker says, "I believe we should be doing everything that we can to make Maryland families stronger which is why I support marriage for gay and lesbian couples who want to make a lifetime commitment to each other."
The video is the second in the Maryland for Marriage Equality series from the coalition of groups of the same name working to pass a bill in 2012. Earlier this month, Governor Martin O’Malley, who said marriage equality would be a legislative priority, kicked off the video campaign.
Last session, the marriage equality bill passed the Maryland senate for the first time but did not come to the floor in the assembly, where it fell a few votes short. Should the bill pass in 2012, opponents plan to petition for a referendum on the ballot in the fall.
Ayanbadejo has supported marriage equality in recent years with a column in the Huffington Post and with a video during last year’s legislative session.
- Op-ed: Adopting the T in LGBT
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- Schumer Admits Reason He Left Gays Out of Immigration 'Provides Little Comfort'
- Porn Star Wilfried Knight Commits Suicide After Long Battle With Immigration
- A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World
- Peace Corps Recognizes, Respects Same-Sex Couples
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Current Issue We Love Liberace Now Even More Than 30 Years Ago 17 min 10 sec ago
- Sports Water Polo Player Addresses WeHo City Council in Speedo May 22 2013 10:00 PM
- Comics and Graphic Novels This Gay Superhero Comic Is So Super Duper May 22 2013 9:00 PM
- The End of Bullying Could Video Games Be a Cure for Anti-LGBT Bullying? May 22 2013 8:15 PM
- Women Kaitlyn Hunt's Lawyer: Possible Plea Deal, But No Felony For Same-Sex High School Relationship May 22 2013 7:03 PM
- Military Donald Rumsfeld Isn't Sure, But Marriage Equality Might Lead to Polygamy May 22 2013 7:01 PM
- Internet WATCH: The First AIDS Generation in Giant Town Hall May 22 2013 6:16 PM