Dan Savage To Herman Cain: Prove Being Gay Is A Choice
BY Jeremy Kinser
October 21 2011 6:15 PM ET
Dan Savage has challenged Republican presidential hopeful Herman Cain to perform a sex act on him to prove that being gay is a choice.
The "It Gets Better" activist was incensed at comments Cain made to CNN's Piers Morgan earlier this week. "I think it's a sin because of my biblical beliefs," Cain said on Wednesday. "And although people don't agree with me, I happen to think that it is a choice."
On his blog Savage posted an open letter to Cain:
If being gay is a choice, show us the proof. Choose it. Choose to be gay yourself. Show America how that's done, Herman, show us how a man can choose to be gay. Suck my dick, Herman. Name the time and the place and I'll bring my dick and a camera crew and you can suck me off and win the argument.
Very sincerely yours,
But Savage had more to say: "When someone argues that being gay is a choice, he's not just insulting gay people. (And ignoring the science of sexual orientation.) He's insulting straight people. If homosexuality is a choice, then so is heterosexuality. Last night on CNN Herman Cain said that being straight is something that a straight person can take or leave. Herman Cain believes that heterosexuality is something a heterosexual can decide to walk away from, like an underwater house or a lousy meal. Straight people should get angry when they hear a straight person making this argument."
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Christopher Sousa 4:00 AM
- Education Theological School Grads Show Support With Rainbow Tassels May 24 2013 8:55 PM
- Technology Want the Worst? Search for 'Gayest' May 24 2013 8:25 PM
- The End of Bullying WATCH: It Already Got Better for This Colorado Student May 24 2013 7:58 PM
- Women Kaitlyn Hunt Refuses Plea, Heads to Court Over Same-Sex High School Relationship May 24 2013 7:48 PM
- Politics Ukrainian LGBT Pride Event Blocked May 24 2013 7:32 PM
- Sports MMA Fighter in First Fight Since Revealing Gender Transition May 24 2013 7:00 PM