Perry and Bachmann Race to the Bottom — Of the Polls
BY Neal Broverman
October 24 2011 6:15 PM ET
It's bad news for two antigay GOP presidential candidates — Rick Perry and Michele Bachmann have placed near the bottom of a recent poll of Republican voters in Nevada.
The Silver State will host one of the early primaries, and Nevada is largely seen as a swing state, with large union and Latino populations. While former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney gains strength there — 38% of likely caucus-goers said they support him — Perry and Bachmann are sinking.
Rick Perry only has 5% of respondents' support, while Bachmann has 2%. Rick Santorum, another antigay candidate, has long been viewed as a longshot — he only polled at 1%. Read more here, including poll numbers for Herman Cain and Ron Paul.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Crime Gay Man Gunned Down in NYC Street, Dies UPDATED: 7:24 PM
- Youth Florida Teen Arrested, Expelled for Same-Sex Relationship 6:58 PM
- Media Legendary Gay Gossip Columnist Michael Musto Responds to Being Laid Off 3:21 PM
- Marriage Equality Vive la France! Hollande Signs Marriage Equality Bill 12:20 PM
- Photography Photos: Cuba Libre 5:29 AM
- Television These 20 Sexy Pics of Stephen Amell Will Hit Your Bullseye May 17 2013 9:00 PM
- Politics Portugal Approves Adoption Rights for Same-Sex Spouses May 17 2013 8:32 PM