Aretha Franklin Sang At Gay Wedding
BY Jeremy Kinser
October 26 2011 2:12 PM ET
Music legend Aretha Franklin serenaded newlyweds Bill White and Bryan Eure after the two were married by Prop. 8 attorney David Boies, reports Women's Wear Daily.
The Sunday night wedding of the two men and its after-party drew an illustrious guests that included Barbara Walters, Joel Grey, Gayle King, former New York governor David Paterson, and former New York City mayor David Dinkins. Franklin performed stirring renditions of “I Will Always Love You,” “I Say a Little Prayer,” and “Respect.”
White is the former president of the Intrepid Sea, Air, and Space Museum and is currently chairman and ceo of the consulting firm Constellations Group, a consulting firm. Eure is a senior vice president at insurance broker Willis Group Holdings.
“We want it to be not just about us, but about the fact that there are 44 other states in this country that don’t allow you to marry who you love,” White said of the well-publicized event.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Commentary Op-ed: Dreaming in the White House 13 min 49 sec ago
- Commentary Day of Decision Op-ed: When a Marriage Would Split Us Up 1 hour 19 min ago
- Entertainment News Seen at TrevorLIVE: Jane Lynch, Billy Porter, Cason Crane, Cindy McCain June 18 2013 9:44 PM
- Women Where the Girls Are in West Hollywood June 18 2013 8:09 PM
- The Wedding Channel EXCLUSIVE: Kim Stolz & Lexi Ritsch Wedding Photos June 18 2013 7:46 PM
- The Wedding Channel PHOTOS: A Mass Wedding First in Maryland June 18 2013 6:24 PM
- Entertainment News How To Take Down An Anti-Gay 'Victim' June 18 2013 6:06 PM