Jane Lynch Wasn't Offended by Brett Ratner
BY Jeremy Kinser
November 14 2011 7:05 PM ET
Jane Lynch isn't sure Brett Ratner should have resigned as producer of the Academy Awards and says she wasn't offended by his use of a homophobic slur, according to an interview with E! Online's Marc Malkin.
Last week the Tower Heist director announced he would resign as
coproducer of the 84th Academy Awards ceremony following the use a
homophobic slur during a Q&A in Hollywood, for which he's since apologized. Brian Glazer has been
announced as his replacement.
"I feel bad for him," Lynch told Malkin at the Los Angeles Gay and Lesbian Center's 40th anniversary gala Saturday. "I wasn't offended. I'm OK. I think humor is such a personal thing and you put a microphone in somebody's face, they're going to say something that offends somebody."
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Politicians Gay Activists Interrupt Marco Rubio Speech 1 hour 29 min ago
- Hate-crimes WATCH: Vigil for Hate Crime Victim Mark Carson 2 hours 31 min ago
- Television WATCH: The Cure for Gay Wedding-Related Depression 2 hours 53 min ago
- Television WATCH: Did Stefon Marry Seth Meyers or Anderson Cooper? 12:32 PM
- Crime Gay Man Gunned Down in NYC Street, Dies UPDATED: May 18 2013 7:24 PM
- Youth Florida Teen Arrested, Expelled for Same-Sex Relationship May 18 2013 6:58 PM
- Media Legendary Gay Gossip Columnist Michael Musto Responds to Being Laid Off May 18 2013 3:21 PM