Victoria Jackson Launches Antigay Talk Show
BY Jeremy Kinser
November 16 2011 3:54 PM ET
Victoria Jackson has found another platform for her ultra-right-wing views on issues such as "gay marriage" with a new talk show with three other conservative women.
The PolitiChicks, a just-launched weekly online discussion program, features Saturday Night Live alum and Tea Party mouthpiece Jackson, pro-life speaker and activist Jennique Stewart, editor and activist Jennie Jones, and Ann-Marie Murrell, columnist and host of The Patriot Update video show.
When the women are about to discuss gay marriage, Jackson interrupts to ask if they can instead start with "the Islamization of America because I wrote a song about it."
At one point in the video, Jackson stumbles for the word "kosher," before reminding her fellow panelist that she's 52 and can't remember things. Jackson goes on to say, "I've noticed that Eric Holder and Janet Napolitano have dead eyes. They look like zombies. They don't even care what they're talking about ... They could be aliens disguised as humans."
When the women eventually discuss marriage equality, Murrell says that gay people are a very small minority with the loudest voice and are controlling the media and the dialogue. She describes gay marriage as a government intrusion issue. "If a church doesn't believe that [a same-sex couple should marry] then trying to force the government to make them bend their beliefs is just as wrong as they say bringing religion into schools or praying out in public," Murrell says. "They don't want us to do that so why are they trying to take over the churches?"
The women seem to have no objection to civil unions. "It's very much a double standard," says Stewart. "They say we're intolerant, but they're intolerant of our views." Jackson chimes in, saying, "And we outnumber them ... like 8 to 2 or something."
At the end of the first show, Murrell laments that the media seems to be controlled by liberals. "We have Fox News and some talk radio and that's all we have. We have got to be able to talk about this without guarding our words."
Watch the first episode of PolitiChicks below.
- The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender
- Fox's Newest Cop Comedy Is Quietly Breaking Ground
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Gay Tenn. 12-Year-Old Still Fighting the ‘Don’t Say Gay’ Bill He Helped Kill
- Game of Thrones Actor Kristian Nairn Reveals He's Gay
- Chicago Monthly Paper Threatens to Out Aldermen
- Media Chicago Monthly Paper Threatens to Out Aldermen March 11 2014 8:40 PM
- Travel VIDEO: George Takei at Austin's SXSW Festival March 11 2014 7:17 PM
- Women WATCH: Bisexuality v. Pansexuality - We Discuss the Difference March 11 2014 7:02 PM
- Television WATCH: Honey Maid's Newest Commercial Features Gay Families March 11 2014 6:45 PM
- Women 5 Things That Pissed Us Off This Week: Homegrown Homophobia March 11 2014 6:27 PM
- Religion Far-Right Minister: Gays Responsible for Ukraine Crisis March 11 2014 6:25 PM
- Travel Copenhagen: The Gayest Place in 2014 March 11 2014 5:55 PM