Victoria Jackson Launches Antigay Talk Show
BY Jeremy Kinser
November 16 2011 2:54 PM ET
Victoria Jackson has found another platform for her ultra-right-wing views on issues such as "gay marriage" with a new talk show with three other conservative women.
The PolitiChicks, a just-launched weekly online discussion program, features Saturday Night Live alum and Tea Party mouthpiece Jackson, pro-life speaker and activist Jennique Stewart, editor and activist Jennie Jones, and Ann-Marie Murrell, columnist and host of The Patriot Update video show.
When the women are about to discuss gay marriage, Jackson interrupts to ask if they can instead start with "the Islamization of America because I wrote a song about it."
At one point in the video, Jackson stumbles for the word "kosher," before reminding her fellow panelist that she's 52 and can't remember things. Jackson goes on to say, "I've noticed that Eric Holder and Janet Napolitano have dead eyes. They look like zombies. They don't even care what they're talking about ... They could be aliens disguised as humans."
When the women eventually discuss marriage equality, Murrell says that gay people are a very small minority with the loudest voice and are controlling the media and the dialogue. She describes gay marriage as a government intrusion issue. "If a church doesn't believe that [a same-sex couple should marry] then trying to force the government to make them bend their beliefs is just as wrong as they say bringing religion into schools or praying out in public," Murrell says. "They don't want us to do that so why are they trying to take over the churches?"
The women seem to have no objection to civil unions. "It's very much a double standard," says Stewart. "They say we're intolerant, but they're intolerant of our views." Jackson chimes in, saying, "And we outnumber them ... like 8 to 2 or something."
At the end of the first show, Murrell laments that the media seems to be controlled by liberals. "We have Fox News and some talk radio and that's all we have. We have got to be able to talk about this without guarding our words."
Watch the first episode of PolitiChicks below.
- Op-ed: Two and a Half Men Introduces Trans Character, Manages to Stay Respectful
- WATCH: The Best of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music
- PHOTOS: We Asked The Stars, Who Is Your Hero?
- WATCH: Obama Invokes LGBT Rights in Mandela Eulogy
- Gay Man Allegedly Assaulted by Hasidic Gang in New York
- Just Another Day at Work in LGBT America
- Women Emily Rios' Lesbian Character on The Bridge Upped to Series Regular December 10 2013 8:47 PM
- Media Russia Expert to Offer Political Commentary During Olympics December 10 2013 7:56 PM
- Travel In-Flight Cellphone Conversations: Dream or Nightmare? December 10 2013 7:48 PM
- Politics New Gay U.S. Ambassador Meets With Dominican President December 10 2013 7:08 PM
- Latest News NBC To Spotlight Russia’s Human Rights Abuses During Olympics December 10 2013 6:11 PM
- Couples/Personal Finances The Financial Effects of DOMA: Filing Taxes December 10 2013 5:56 PM
- Couples/Personal Finances Examining Employee Benefits in the Wake of DOMA’s Overturn December 10 2013 5:38 PM