Del Shores Announces Divorce
BY Jeremy Kinser
November 27 2011 2:22 PM ET
Playwright-filmmaker Del Shores (Sordid Lives, Southern Baptists Sissies) announced that he and husband, entertainer Jason Dottley are divorcing.
In a message posted on his Facebook page, Shores writes:
It saddens me to inform you that Jason Dottley and I are divorcing.
I will always cherish the almost ten years that we were together — married for eight, legally for three. Jason was a wonderful husband to me and a great step-father to my daughters. I will miss being his husband.
Jason and I both fought hard for marriage equality, and I will continue to fight that fight until gay marriage is legal nationwide. Our divorce only proves that like straight people who have the right to marry and divorce, we are all equally human.
I know we are going to disappoint a lot of people and for that, I am truly sorry. But I will never feel that we failed, and I have no regrets. This was not what I wanted, but I must now accept what Jason wants. I only wish him the very best and will celebrate his continued success.
I've had lots of losses in my life, and I've found that I heal when I turn to my pen, my writing and my work. I promise you more twisted stories, that will make you laugh, think and maybe shed a tear or two.
I welcome any words of support, but this is so hard, and privacy is important to me and my daughters during this difficult time.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Media Legendary Gay Gossip Columnist Michael Musto Responds to Being Laid Off 3:21 PM
- Marriage Equality Vive la France! Hollande Signs Marriage Equality Bill 12:20 PM
- Photography Photos: Cuba Libre 5:29 AM
- Television These 20 Sexy Pics of Stephen Amell Will Hit Your Bullseye May 17 2013 9:00 PM
- Politics Portugal Approves Adoption Rights for Same-Sex Spouses May 17 2013 8:32 PM
- Pride S.F. Gay Couple Throw Fund-raiser for Trans Woman's Breast Implants May 17 2013 7:18 PM
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Marriage Equality a Big Story? Not on Fox News May 17 2013 7:18 PM