Gaga Releases "Marry the Night," Scores Three Grammy Nominations
BY Jeremy Kinser
December 01 2011 9:22 PM ET
Lady Gaga has released the epic self-directed autobiographical video for "Marry the Night," after receiving three nominations for 2011 Grammys.
Gaga says the video was inspired by one of the worst days of her life. ""It was one of the worst days of my life and it happened quite quickly," the singer tells E! Online. "But in my mind, when I think back on that period of my life, it all happened very slow."
Gaga also performed the song and a duet of "Yoü And I" with Jennifer Nettles during a ceremony that announced nominations for the the 54th annual Grammy Awards. Gaga's Born This Way was nominated for album of the year, the entertainer's third consecutive nomination in a row, which makes her the first artist since the Beatles to achieve the milestone. She has also been nominated best pop vocal album and best pop solo performance for "Yoü And I."
Katy Perry received two nominations, including one for her single "Firework," which was quickly adopted as an LGBT anthem, as record of the year. Other artists of LGBT interest include Adele with six nominations and one for bisexual Nicki Minaj as best new artist. In an odd coincidence, longtime ally and icon Barbra Streisand was nominated for best traditional pop recording for What Matters Most, while a dance song bearing her name by Duck Sauce will compete for best dance recording.
Read the full list of Grammy nominations here. Watch E! Online's interview with Gaga here and Gaga's "Marry the Night" video and special Grammy concert performance below.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Politicians Gay Activists Interrupt Marco Rubio Speech 2:03 PM
- Hate-crimes WATCH: Vigil for Hate Crime Victim Mark Carson 1:01 PM
- Television WATCH: The Cure for Gay Wedding-Related Depression 12:39 PM
- Television WATCH: Did Stefon Marry Seth Meyers or Anderson Cooper? 12:32 PM
- Crime Gay Man Gunned Down in NYC Street, Dies UPDATED: May 18 2013 7:24 PM
- Youth Florida Teen Arrested, Expelled for Same-Sex Relationship May 18 2013 6:58 PM
- Media Legendary Gay Gossip Columnist Michael Musto Responds to Being Laid Off May 18 2013 3:21 PM